I thought there was a rule against automotive posts

:eek: Didn't you mean to spell "principle" ? :D
oooohhhh.... now our good friend HP is going to find out the perils of using elegant speech whilst letting your orthographic guard down... :D
To true! Second only to malingering, WW errors are something with which Schoolmasters (Ooops! Better make that [PC_speak]Head Teachers[/PC_speak]) have no patients! (sic) :p

Taking 100 lines:oops:
HP:D

Last edited:
In obviation of t'other shoe --- Perhaps we'd better get back on topic lest we sully the reputation of this new forum in the veritable bloom of its nascence?...:eek:

Best regards
HP

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Nice to see an automotive section now.

Now i can finally tell about how you can connect bolts to anyones neck and run the spark plug wires to those bolts to bring your friends back from the dead (ha ha ha).

[Just kidding around of course, really is nice to see the automotive section]

I recently realized that talking about automobiles can be very important for people because we need to use them quite extensively in life, and there's always something to fix on them. This ends up being more than just a hobby because we depend on them so much now, although it can still be a hobby too.

I recently realized that talking about automobiles can be very important for people because we need to use them quite extensively in life, and there's always something to fix on them. This ends up being more than just a hobby because we depend on them so much now, although it can still be a hobby too.
Agreed!:) -- Moreover I feel the dedicated forum was an excellent decision all around!:)

Now i can finally tell about how you can connect bolts to anyones neck and run the spark plug wires to those bolts to bring your friends back from the dead...
'Tis early days indeed for thoughts of necromancy here!:D:D:D

Best regards
HP

People practice necromancy here all the time. Part of a mods job is to drive a stake into the heart of the newly revived undead.
I meant this forum in particular -- Too new for 'severely dead' threads:D -- 'Tho, as far afield as this thread has wandered - all bets are off:eek:

TTFN
HP:)

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

A little levity, i love that :)

Most posters seem to be responsible enough to post sufficient warnings too along with any possible dangerous situations like spark plug wires. In fact, most of the posts i see on other forums have multiple members posting JUST to emphasize the dangers when they might be present. The warnings and precautions sometimes take up more space than the original help reply too but maybe that's a good thing :)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
With a new Automotive Forum installed; I won't be able to tell if I'm on AAC or ETOo_O

I'll have to use more discretion in my post's. :eek:

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Hi,

A little levity, i love that :)

Most posters seem to be responsible enough to post sufficient warnings too along with any possible dangerous situations like spark plug wires. In fact, most of the posts i see on other forums have multiple members posting JUST to emphasize the dangers when they might be present. The warnings and precautions sometimes take up more space than the original help reply too but maybe that's a good thing :)
BTW; good to see you here; MrAl.

kv:)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
With a new Automotive Forum installed; I won't be able to tell if I'm on AAC or ETOo_O I'll have to use more discretion in my post's. :eek:
kv
That's why, when you date multiple girls your are suggested to call them all "Babe" and to speak the less as possible. Here we call that just "survival"...

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
o_OAutomotive threads are allowed now :eek:
Good God ! what the heck happened ?
Not that it is Good but what changed the rules?
So what about killer SMPS :rolleyes:?
Are those allowed ? :D

o_OAutomotive threads are allowed now :eek:
Yes, the 'prohibition' has been lifted on most vehicles with the exception of aircraft...

what changed the rules?
As I understand it, the new LLC status 'indemnifies' the site against unreasonable liability...

Not that it is Good
I feel that it is:) Especially considering that such discussion is confined to a its own (dedicated) forum...

So what about killer SMPS :rolleyes:?
Are those allowed ? :D
You might want to give (Kenotron) rectified VT/SS-TCs a 'miss'!:D

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
BTW; good to see you here; MrAl.

kv:)
Hi there,

Good to see you here too. I think a lot of people are interested in automotive projects because so many people have cars. Inverters come up a lot i noticed, the 12v to 120v type or something like that. I ended up buying a small one myself even though i did extensive work on these things in the industry when i worked back then, but just a small one to run my soldering gun so i could do work on the car without having to drag a long extension cord out there.
From what i understand the cheap inverters dont work on the Dremels though, the ones with the speed control built in, but they do work on the cheaper Dremels, the ones without any speed control. I happen to have one with a speed control so i cant use that with the small inverter, and dont feel like modifying the Dremel to work with it.
I see this question come up quite a bit too around the web.