I think I hurt my knuckles

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Last night I woke up mid way in a punch.

I was dreaming, I dunno what. I remember throwing a punch and I woke up and saw me hitting the wall.

POW !! :eek:

It hurt liker hell...good thing wifey was away.

What kinda a man would throw punches in a dream that he can't remember.
I am afraid to sleep with wife. I don't wanna punch her anywhere. :eek:

Do I need a syko...er! what do you call those talking sessions where u lie on the couch.

I hate dreams, that's why I rather not sleep. I see all kinds of weird stuff.
When I say weird, I mean weird. I would always wake up somewhat scared. But I am not scared of the dark. Some days I will sleep half way. And I will see my room, with all sorta things, hell.. even I saw someone sitting near my computer. I would lay there looking at and wondering who it is.

Is there a cure for this ?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I loooove dreaming. I see dreams every night and usually they are pleasant. Sure, there are the "what the hell...." times, but it adds to the fun of it.

I think that you have unpleasant dreams if you are very very tired or go to bed with a full stomach.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What kinda a man would throw punches in a dream that he can't remember.
Nah who should that be
I am sure you have been intriguing by this thaught now and then in your dreams and perhaps awake also:D

Do I need a syko...er! what do you call those talking sessions where u lie on the couch.
Do not pay to much attention to the dreams. I now and then have dream. Where I find my self wearing a shirt and nothing else. In a very public place like the subway/underground:eek: And I am the last to find out. Ok let us not elaborate on that topic. But well it still a dream. I do not pay much attention to that dream at all. And to those who are hoping it will happen in real. Sorry I have to disappoint you all...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I agree with Georacer.

If you are awake for a long time, your mind starts to play games with you.

Read this.

I go to sleep everynight at 22:00. (Now I'm on overtime, it's 22:05) and sleep until 4:45. When I wake up, I'm rested and ready for work.:)

Sleep is important!

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
I dream but never act physically ...

It's not a big problem R!f@@, tie your hands and legs before sleeping... but if you use your head for punching then I will advice a body armour for your wife...

even I saw someone sitting near my computer
Never leave an empty chair near your computer that will solve your problem...

Do I need a syko...er!
My friend with my wonderful suggestions you will never need one...

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'm lucky, I don't have dreams or move in my sleep. I've fallen asleep on the sofa with a glass of water in my hand and woken up several hours later with it still there.
I used to have normal dreams, then for a while only nightmares, then they just stopped.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Then you don't know how it feels to breath under the sea or levitate one meter above ground.

Actually, I 've been seeing dreams so often that I 've gotten used to the bad ones too. Now I don't wake up when I see that I'm falling, even after I hit the ground. On the downside, when I hit the ground I start rolling and tumbling for a very very long time.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
When I was on the submarine, living a very sleep deprived existence, I would often have dreams inside of dreams. Like I would wake up, go to get some food, and something would be strange. Someone who should not be on the submarine would be sitting there, or somone would say something that made no sense, and then I would know I was dreaming and I would wake up and go to get some food, and then on my way to the galley there would be a loud explosion, or flooding, from which I would awake and go to get some food. It was actually a little unnerving because I wouldn't know sometimes whether I was awake or not. Imagine you are in the control room providing data which crucial decisions are made (basically, steering the sub, by telling the officer of the deck which way to turn and which way not to turn) and you are expecting that any second now, you are going to wake up and go get some food. A couple of times I said/did things that were not appropriate because I thought I was dreaming. It all stopped after I got off the boat and started sleeping normal again.

moral of the story, get some sleep.

EDIT: oh yeah, and I also punched things in my sleep and always jumped up from bed, slamming my head into the pipes

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Another cool thing is before you wake up, while you are dreaming, you obtain consciousness of the fact that you are dreaming. Then it's all fun! Unfortunately I wake up not too long after.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
R!f@@ your lucky, I did have a night where I punched my wife. Lucky she was very understanding and didn't press charges.

Always had a hard time staying awake during the day but fell right asleep at bed time. Then found out I have 'sleep apnea' and have to use a 'cpap' machine now. Lack of sleep is a very serious thing, its even used as a method of torture.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
You are not alone in doing battle with monsters while dreaming, R!f@@. I once gouged my own chest, leaving an impressive scar of deep claw-marks that looked like I tangled with a bear, because in that dream I was desperately trying to dislodge a cackling critter that was sitting on my chest. The sudden pain of my self-inflicted wound brought me out of the nightmare, thankfully.

Also, on two separate occasions, I launched straight kicks into the wall while doing battle with yet other dream-induced monsters. For this reason I don't trust myself enough to fall asleep in bed beside my girlfriend, or even the cat, for that matter.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I once gouged my own chest, leaving an impressive scar of deep claw-marks that looked like I tangled with a bear, because in that dream I was desperately trying to dislodge a cackling critter that was sitting on my chest. The sudden pain of my self-inflicted wound brought me out of the nightmare, thankfully.
EPIC!
The stuff Youtube is made of.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Perhaps while at sleep two things did happen. The animal in R!f@@ wake up. And second he started to sleep walk. :p

Last edited:

Alberto

Joined Nov 7, 2008
R!f@@, the symptoms you have reported in your post#1, could be caused by trouble with lungs ventilation during sleeping. (Spontaneous apnea is the most common one) See your doctor and tell him your problem.

Cheers

Alberto

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
shortbus: I've got sleep apnea too, and got the stamp for punching the wife too. Not a real punch but I would flail about at times. All better now with my machine... mostly.

We took a cruise a couple of years back, and the second night out, way out in the Atlantic Ocean I turned my machine on, it waited a few seconds, beeped three times, and turned itself off. No amount of prodding or trying "doctor mode" would make it work. And the trip had 4 more days to go. About an hour after we went to bed the wife wakes me to complain she can't sleep with my snoring and tossing about. I went up to the pool deck to get a lounge but that way being cleaned. Good thing we had a balcony cause I went out there to sleep on a chair.

Third night I moved the couch cushions out there and it was kinda nice, though since we were going to Nova Scotia it wasn't exactly warm. Next to last night I woke just before dawn to see the prettiest sight: a sliver of the moon just off the horizon, Venus above, and not another light about to spoil the sight. Just so pretty.

So we get home (yeah, got another machine) and 2 weeks later I look up shortly after dark and see a crescent moon with the points going the same way... and I have a deep enough nerd brain to stare at that in confusion! How could the moon look the same 2 weeks apart? Shouldn't it be pointing the other way?

Ahhh... I saw it first time in the morning, second time in the evening, so it was "flipped" up so it looked the same way.

Mystery solved!