I-phone/ Droid Apps

lendo1

Joined Apr 24, 2010
I am beginning a course in Computer Science with the free MIT site in the hopes to be able to make and sell practical programs. Marketing software for a PC is difficult and most likely any software I write will be an inferior version of another program. However it has recently come to my attention that Apps (games, browsers, directories) for computer phones are not only much simpler, but anyone can market them (including a High School student... Hmmmm...).

So anyway I have a general idea of Computer Science, but need to know which direction to go to be able to effectively write and sell Apps for phones. Right now I am an intermediate programmer in Python and am not sure what the next stage is. From what I have heard Java and C/C++ are the most popular languages, but which languages are used on the Iphone and Droid, and which language, if any, would be the best transition??

Any advice from someone with more programming experience than myself is much appreciated :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I think you will need the iphone dev kit to make stuff for iphone. Adobe made a flash to iphone file converter but APPL squashed it. Not sure what droid runs off. Since its open source I would think it supports a number of languages. Look around there are a ton of books on the specific topic released on a daily basis.