i need this and cant find a manufacturer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jamesmatheson, May 30, 2016.

1. jamesmatheson

Thread Starter New Member

May 30, 2016
  2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Banggood has several handpowered devices for generating electrical power: http://www.banggood.com/search/crank-power.html

Maybe you could adapt one of them to power what you need. If the voltage is not enough, use a boost regulator. There is a nice, inexpensive one at SparkFun.

John

3. jamesmatheson

Thread Starter New Member

May 30, 2016
    if you can please speak to anyone to have this made, it powers my rcs, my health products, my cellphone , all my electronics
    I have been on this for 8 years with no help, please speak on my behalf, because of how badly I was responded to I now suffer a mental health problem which should never happen to anyone , please speak on my behalf, I only did this so people can power devices everywhere, please speak on my behalf

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Just google "crank charger" and buy one.. There are plenty made already..

cmartinez likes this.
  5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I feel that your expectations for a mechanical charging device might be unrealistic. The average person has an incredibly small ability to produce enough work to store enough potential energy in a mechanical device to produce a meaningful amount of electrical power. I'm not sure if you have a device that meets your requirements, that needs repair or replacement, or if this 8 year quest is to produce such a device. If it is the latter, then you are familiar with the frustrating process of product development which many of us have experienced.

Your request would be difficult to achieve because it lacks concrete requirements. For example if you were to say: "I want to wind this device up for five minutes and have it produce 1.5 amperes at +5V for 3 hours". That would be something that we could say is either feasible or not. Even if a concept it feasible, it may not be practical due to cost or component availability. If you only want one of something it is going to cost you a huge amount, which frankly speaking most people are unprepared or unwilling to pay. If you want to start a company and make kajillions of them that is another story.

The point of my tale is that you are unlikely to find someone willing to expend the required effort unless you provide more in the way of requirements or motivation for doing the work. You say that you have been badly treated and I am sorry for that. I am trying to be honest and truthful with you even if that is not what you want to hear.

Good Luck finding what you need.

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I don't think this will meet the requirements. When you stop cranking it stops producing energy.

7. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    I bought an old surplus hand-cranked generator when I was a young man.
    It taught me the true value of a battery.

8. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    I doubt the clock wind-up mechanism stores enough energy to do much charging :(.
    According to Wikipedia, "adults of good average fitness average between 50 and 150 watts for an hour of vigorous exercise." Clock-winding is hardly a vigorous pursuit, so assuming you can wind up the clock in 20 seconds, at most you will likely have stored 50/180 = 0.28 Watt.Hrs of energy in the clock spring. Allowing for inefficiencies in the charging process you are left with ~ 0.2 Watt.Hrs. A cell-phone battery typically holds ~10 Watt.Hrs when fully charged.

9. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Yep, as BR-549 alluded to, I can earn enough money to buy batteries more powerful than my arms in the same amount of time and not be sore the next day. :)

John

10. Roderick Young

Feb 22, 2015
    Clever. I have seen older emergency radios that were wind-up, and powered themselves from a spring for 30 minutes. But a radio is a low-power device. A USB charger is on the order of 5 watts, not low power in comparison.

11. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    If AC power is not available, perhaps a small solar setup?