i need the visual c++ software

maher

Joined Aug 30, 2007
HI all
iam a beginner for using this software so i need the source for software please .
best regards
maher

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
HI all
iam a beginner for using this software so i need the source for software please .
best regards
maher
Your post is quite ambiguous.
It sounds like you want the source code for a c++ compiler. This is an electronics forum not a compiler writers forum. You'd have better luck with the gnu compiler. The source code for it is definitely available but you'll probably need some help digging into it.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
HI all
best regards
maher
Are you asking for the source code for the Visual Studio C++ compiler?

I doubt that Microsoft would let anyone have that.

Otherwise this question is uber-ambiguous, more is required to make any sense and maybe offer advice.

Dave

algae

Joined Jan 14, 2008
You want to look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/#webInstall

That is Microsofts Visual Studio 2008 express edition...it's free but doesn't come with all the trimmings. However, it's still useful for a variety of projects. Alternatively, if you want the full version of a MS compiler, you can usually find MSVC 6.0 on ebay for about $20...it's about 10 years old, but it's still very useful for a lot of things. Many development companies still use it despite the fact that it's not up to C99 compliance. I've found that makes very little difference and only need to use 2008 if I'm attempting something more modern. If you're doing low-level stuff though, either one of them will do, but ultimately you probably need specialized tools for doing anything complicated.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
You want to look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/#webInstall

That is Microsofts Visual Studio 2008 express edition...it's free but doesn't come with all the trimmings...
Unfortunately, you need Windows XP with SP2 for that. Other alternative is to use DGJPP, or Dev-C++ for Windows programs. Both use GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) and have options for C99 compliance. They are also available for Linux as well.

If you want the source code of Visual C++, you won't get it. As far as I'm concerned, Micro$oft never released open source software.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Unfortunately, you need Windows XP with SP2 for that. Other alternative is to use DGJPP, or Dev-C++ for Windows programs. Both use GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) and have options for C99 compliance. They are also available for Linux as well.
VSE2008 also works on Vista. Earlier versions of Windows are supported by VSE2005.

If you want the source code of Visual C++, you won't get it. As far as I'm concerned, Micro$oft never released open source software.
They have shared-source licence agreements available for developers where portions of source code are shared between MS and collaborating companies/developers. I doubt, unless you are someone can be profitable, MS would give access to any source code.

Dave