i need something has a switch that will be held for 10 sec before turning on a load

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by madyicstik, May 14, 2012.

1. madyicstik

Thread Starter New Member

May 14, 2012
    hi, im new here and needs some guidance.

what i need help with is a circuit that will enable me to say hold a push button switch for 10 sec( adjustable time maybe) before it would send power to the load causing it to turn on maybe a buzzer or maybe a set of led lights. it will also be great if can be wired two two push buttons where each push button is wire to two different colors of led maybe red and blue for different teams and by pressing the color corresponding to the team turns off the othe teams corresponding light color.

this will be mainly used for airsoft/ wargame at night as the teams flag. which is easily visible in the dark.

if some one can show me a picture layout on a breadboard with what parts go where with their values, i will be really greatfull. i know how to solder but im not really well versed on the value of whatever parts i need to buy.

i apologize if this is too much to ask. thank you very much in advance.
    joel

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Check out 555 timer circuits.

3. madyicstik

May 14, 2012
    just to add, its would be great if this can run off of a 9vdc to 12vdc power source.

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
  5. madyicstik

May 14, 2012
    thank you mr chips. that was actually the first one i saw, will this do what i need it to do? i see that hes using it as a fake bomb, all i want it to do is just the lights. the reason i need it with the time delay of 10 seconds is for added adrenalin rush, its scary to hold abuttong and being like a sitting duck for 10 seconds turn on the light while being shot at.

6. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    Also look for quiz show circuits to have the first button pushed lock out the other.

7. madyicstik

May 14, 2012