I need help with a project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Tarf48, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Tarf48

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I have been studying integrated circuits and I am still struggling with this project. I am willing to provide payment for help in creating this integrated circuit.
    The circuit needs to do the following:

1) Run off of AC power
    2) Randomly activate 8 solenoid valves
    3) Active an LED light associated with each solenoid .2 seconds before the individual solenoid is activated
    4) Have the ability to select which solenoid/s I want to activate
    5) Be able to increase of decrease the speed that the solenoid valves are activated
    6) Have the ability to turn on and off the circuit

If you are interested in taking on this project, please respond to the post. I can then send my personal email to discuss this project in more detail.

Thank you
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Why do you want this to be an integrated circuit?

What do you "have been studying integrated circuits"?

Is this a project for a course?
  3. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    What exactly do you mean by random? I mean, random is random but there are "almost" random simulations.

And do you mean by #4 that you want a manual override over the randomness, or you just want to choose which solenoids are participating in the randomness?
  4. mattbullet

Nov 29, 2008
    Tarf48 if you discuss the project details through e-mail
    then a poor slug like me won't get to learn anything from
    Your exciting project. :(
  5. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    #1 AC; power requirements greatly depend on solenoids, are they AC or DC operated? What voltage & current? Are more than one allowed on at a time?
    #2; assumptions: One on at a time, selected one turns off when next is selected, kind-a -like a 4022 clocked by fast oscillator & inhibited by adjustable slow osc.[#5]
    #3 555 on each output.
    #4 OR gate on each output; manual select inhibits clock & selects one sol.
    #6 add SW to #1.