I need help to install supernight led 5050 type strip lighting into my ceiling

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Jomadais, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Jomadais

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Hello everyone one, I need help to install supernight led 5050(http://www.supernight.cc/) type strip lighting into my ceiling .. I've purchase about 8 packs of 5 meters, these come with a 40 button ir remote and a 12 volt power suppyly.. I need to cover a ceiling the us 38' L to 18 W' .. I read you can only use 1 - 5M at a time, can I connect these into each other creating 1 strand.. I would like to get these installed asap..but how do I power these? Does any body have any suggestion or answers? If so can you provide some links on how I can obtain power supply? Thanks in advance.

2. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    Have you tried contacting the vendor? You will need to post the specifications of these strands if the forum is to help you.

3. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    You say "these come with a 40 button ir remote and a 12 volt power supply"

Then you ask us how you get a power supply and how to power them.

???

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    I bet you want all 8 strips to be controlled by the same remote control too..
    hint.. you can't :)
    If you want them all from the same 12V supply you need to find the required current per strip and multiply by the number of strips.. Then find a 12V power supply capable of greater than what you calculated you need..
    example if each needs 1 Amp and you have 8 then you need a 12V supply greater than 8 Amps (10 Amps would be my recommendation)

5. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    I agree. That's kinda where I was headed with the specifications.

6. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    That is a healthy power supply, assuming cool white LED's 12 V @ 30 A for all.
    What type of light control do you desire ? All with same dimming?

7. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Might consider an ATX type power supply, 500W generally has two 12V @ 18 A each. You need about 360 W.

8. floomdoggle

Sep 1, 2008
    Bypass the remote and use a wall switch. Is dimming necessary? They will be wired in parallel, same as any wall/ceiling light. Advisable to talk to an electrician, first.

9. Jomadais

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Thank you for your answers! The vendor of supernight had helped me solved the problem. Thanks again.