I need help to identify some parts.

Padapolis

Joined Feb 21, 2013
I found these components in an old electronic parts box that once belonged to my wifes grandfather. I’ve tried to use Google searches with the markings on the parts, but I’ve been unsuccessful in identifying what these might be. I've attached an image of the parts in question.

Part #1
In this component some of the metals blades are stationary, and the other blades rotate through the stationary blades. The blades never seem to touch each other regardless of where the dial is turned.

Part #2
This component has 15 leads, numbered 1 through 15 as you can see.
The number show in the picture is 1346723.
There is another number on top of the component which is not shown in the picture, 675791-1

Part #3
This component has 8 leads, numbered 1 through 8 as you can see.
The other two numbers are 848 and 219V044H01.

Part #4
This component has no identifying marks at all. It has two leads, one for each side of the device. And both sides of the device have the same metal swirl pattern.

Thanks for any assistance given to help identify what these components might be.

Attachments

Evil Lurker

Joined Aug 25, 2011
#1 variable air capacitor.

#2-3 who knows... never seen anything like it, but could possibly be a resistor or capacitor network.

#4 could be a MOV, NTC, PTC, or ceramic disc capacitor.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
If there are numbers or markings on the other side ,take a pic of them and maybe we can go further.
+1 ELurker

Padapolis

Joined Feb 21, 2013
Here is the additional image requested.

Part #1 (Identified as a variable air capacitor, thank you Evil Lurker)
Numbers on the side are:
330V058C01

Part #2
675791-1

Part #3
No additional markings

Part #4
No additional markings

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
2 & 3, I'm thinking resistor networks, or common cathode/anode diode networks.

Used to get SIP resistor networks like that, all were common to one point, useful for the ground side of a 7 segment display, etc. That's closer to #3 than #2, though.

Do you have a meter to see what is between pins for resistance/diode/capacitance/continuity?

#1 is a variable capacitor, very low value, used in old tuning circuits.
#4 is something I've never seen.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
#2 looks more like a film capacitor network
#3 a resistor network
#4 a small value selenium or metal oxide rectifier?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Not a resistors network.

these are both hybrid circuits intend for radio or video or television.

It might be possible to remove the red plastic, or even break it open without to destroy the circuit inside.

I'd say none of these are manufactured anymore, and it might be impossible to find a datasheet.

Even if it can be found, the use of these modules is quite limited to some certain circuits.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Agreed, 2 and 3 are some hybrid devices as used in early radios etc.

Number 4 looks to be some type of suppressor (varistor) or PTC thermistor etc, based on the thick wire gauge and high current bonding style. It won't be a low current device like a cap.