i need help to build my first circuit !

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by bright22, Feb 23, 2015.

1. bright22

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    hello every one

i'm totally new to the computer[​IMG] organization and circuits ,, i really wish you can help me with my first project .. so the project is :
    1. Build and test a simple RS latch (use two NOR gates for the implementation).
    2. Build and test an RS master slave flip-flop. It should use two of your simple RS latches and it must include a clock signal.

3. Build and test the one bit memory as it was desgined in class. Start with your RS master-slave flip-flop.

and then include all three circuits in one Logisim (.circ) document.
    Make circuit number 3 (the one bit memory) the "main" circuit.

what i can do for now is #1 which is i built the RS latch i used two nor gates ,,
    how can i solve the others ? do i need to build another circuit ? or i should use the first ?

please help me i'm really lost here..
    thank you ..

bright !

2. bright22

Feb 23, 2015
    i also built (one-bit memory) and gates but i don't know how to connect them or make it the main ..

3. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Pictures?

4. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Sounds like homework to me...when you have made this circuit,what do you intend to do with it?

5. bright22

Feb 23, 2015
    Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 2.12.30 PM.png

6. bright22

Feb 23, 2015
    for now we just started using Logisim so this pretty much it we are just connecting three circuits together

7. bright22

Feb 23, 2015
    can any one help here plz ? at least show me how to make a circuit main circuit.

appreciate any help

thank you

8. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I have no idea what your "main circuit" is supposed to do. What, exactly, is your assignment?

9. bright22

Feb 23, 2015
    1. Build and test a simple RS latch (use two NOR gates for the implementation).
    2. Build and test an RS master slave flip-flop. It should use two of your simple RS latches and it must include a clock signal.

3. Build and test the one bit memory as it was desgined in class. Start with your RS master-slave flip-flop.

and then include all three circuits in one Logisim (.circ) document.
    Make circuit number 3 (the one bit memory) the "main" circuit.

this is my assignment

10. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I'm assuming (and could well be wrong) that you are supposed to design a one bit memory that, as part of it, instantiates an RS MSFF which, in turn, instantiates an RS FF. If I'm correct, then the memory implementation you show in Post #5 won't cut it because you are using a subcircuit (the FF block) that you haven't built (unless that is supposed to be your RS MSFF, but I don't see anything that indicates that that's the case.

Not being familiar with LogiSim, I don't know how it organizes circuits. Most schematic capture tools have a separate file for each schematic and usually a separate file for each symbol. You create a simple that you can place in one schematic that instantiates one occurrence of the associated schematic. When you netlist the top-level schematic, it creates a SPICE netlist (of some flavor) that contains all of the subcircuits from all of the schematics that were instantiated in either the top-level schematic or any of its children. Does that make sense given what you know about LogiSim?