I Need Help So Bad

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by past me, Dec 14, 2009.

1. past me

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I was enrolled to to my cable licence to install alarms video survalience then they told me i had to do this before i can start i have no idea if some one can help me out so i can get back into the workforce alarms have nothing to do with this we doing nothing over 35v on phone lines please guys with great wisdom

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  3. past me

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    i am srry didnt mean it in that way have been reading for 4 days on this information its just the diagrams and caculations i am having trouble with and the formula with resistors and sruff

4. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    Just a note here... The first part of this test has a question (m) that is worded... I quote:

"A Capacitor allows ______________ to flow through it."

The answer they're looking for is "AC" but the statement is misleading because the only current that flows "through" a capacitor is leakage.

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Also what do they mean by this statement
    An inductor will allow only_____(18)_____ through? It is not a very good question

6. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    Quite frankly, I prefer someone with the basic insight to pull my cables. Don't waste our time if you think it's a waste of your time.

7. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    What's the sense of taking a test if they're going to let you take it home to look everything up.

8. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Well "through" would indicate current, and inductors pass DC current and block AC current (in the simplest sense) so the answer would be;
    An inductor will allow only DC CURRENT through?

A question like that is not going to be asking anything too high-brow.