i need help controling actuators!!help!!!!

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by abdulhadi91, Oct 29, 2013.

1. abdulhadi91

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    hi guys,
    Im doing my senior project for my B.S degree.
    we are working on a flight simulator, the group before me built the frame and mounted 3 actuators on the frame. is there a way or a device I can buy to control them? or by using a joystick?
    one of the actuator is on the right, one is mounted in the back and the third one is under the platform so it can rotate. and each actuator has two wires coming out of it???

any ideas?

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    And u are doing ur BS degree?

3. abdulhadi91

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Yes in doing my undergraduate in mechanical engineering however I don't know much about electrical.... I did all the mechanical to the project but since I didn't start this my self and I'm taking over someone else's mess it kind of confusing

4. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    NEED INPUT

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Normally it is done with Hydraulic servo proportional valves.
    Max.

6. Danm1

Jul 19, 2010
    there are already 3 actuators on the frame, so go look closely at each of the actuators, find the model numbers and the company that made them. Do a quick google search to see if there are any documentation out there. If you find some then your in good shape, but ultimately so can contact the support group at the company that made the actuators and get a reference design.

It might be that the actuators that are on there are not suitable, maybe the last person who worked on it found them in the mechanical engineering lab, or robbed them off another project.