I like living in West Tennessee.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Illinois, huh? Daley's Boys achieved number 2 position (second only to New York City) for, "Most Corrupt Police Department In the U.S.A" when they rioted at the 1968 Democratic National Convention.
This just in, The New York Times posted exactly what I said in post #11

From the New York Times:

The release last month of a 2014 video showing a Chicago police officer fatally shooting another teenager, Laquan McDonald, has upended this city. The police superintendent,Garry F. McCarthy, was forced out despite a reduction in crime citywide. So was the leader of an authority charged with disciplining officers. The Justice Department has opened an investigation into possible civil rights abuses by the Police Department. Demonstrators call nearly every day for Mayor Rahm Emanuel to resign.

But the Chicago Police Department’s record of brutality began long before Mr. McDonald, 17, lay crumpled on Pulaski Road. For decades — back to violent clashes at the Democratic National Convention in 1968 and the confessions coerced by a “midnight crew” of detectives accused of using suffocation, electric shock and Russian roulette on black men in the 1970s and 1980s — the Chicago police have wrestled with allegations of torture, racism, weak oversight and a code of silence….

In Chicago, the nation’s third-largest city, officers shot and killed 70 people, most of them black, in a five-year span ending in 2014. That was the most among the nation’s 10 largest cities during the same period, according to the Better Government Association, a nonprofit watchdog organization.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Here's one of the reasons.
The republican's strategy on the gun debate is really stupid. If I were them, I would pass a bill that bans the use of guns countrywide, including in the whitehouse and on capitol hill. I would love to see how the president and pelosi / reid explain their votes / veto on that bill.

However, over the long run, I do think the best strategy to preserve the 2nd amendment is to strip it out of the constitution and let it be an issue determined by the states.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... I do think the best strategy to preserve the 2nd amendment is to strip it out of the constitution....
The best strategy to preserve it is to remove it? That doesn't make much sense. Try to convince people that their right to vote is best preserved by stripping that right from the constitution. I don't think you can sell that.