I know you will not believe this .

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
My stupid neighbour had a few bugs in her garbage can. It was in the garage. She poured gasoline in it then it lighted and lighted a few of the homes on her street on fire.

There were so many cars on the street with onlookers that the fire engine could not drive up the street.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
My stupid neighbour had a few bugs in her garbage can. It was in the garage. She poured gasoline in it then it lighted and lighted a few of the homes on her street on fire.
I guess your house as well.

It was then when your stock of hundreds of old lousy 741s was finally burnt? :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
My neighbour who lighted a few houses on her street on fire was on the street behind my street. I was the first person to see the fire.

I have never bought a lousy old 741 opamp but at work about 42 years ago I tried one. It performed lousily so I never used one again.
I tried lousy old LM324 and LM358 opamps and found out their performance was worse.

Then TI released the TL07x line of opamps and they performed very well. Their distortion and noise are low and their full output bandwidth is 100kHz. They have Jfet inputs so the input current is almost zero.
They are very popular so they are inexpensive.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In one vessel, while crossing the Atlantic we were able to hear a cricket chirping somewhere in the bridge, for many days until it became silent.

To our surprise we could see the dead body on the the standard magnetic compass' gimbal (the one used only in emergency when the girocompass does not work).

When I worked at Qume, we had an assembly facility in Pueto Rico, land of the unkillable cockroach. They eveolved a strain of roaches that lived on the "instapak" foam we injected into the boxes as shipping filler. The boxes would arrive at the customer and when they opened the box, about a hundred million roaches would come running out all their feet.:eek:
In vessels, a place where you are certain to find them in different types and size is inside the isolating panels of the accommodation. What to say in the area of the pantry, mess rooms, kitchen and chambers...!

In these last I have seen them of very big size, completely of white color. (They live in the dark all the time) Trying to eliminate them is IMPOSSIBLE.

They even survive the (cyanhydric-like) gas used to kill rats on board where the vessel is literally emptied of people for 48 hrs.

Just in case, never visit the kitchen of a restaurant where you plan to have some food. Better don't.

Last edited:

Mark_T

Joined Feb 7, 2012
If you want to kill it wait til its not on the screen, put screen in plastic bag and flush with CO2. Leave for at least 10 mins, he'll be dead.