I got a 24vac situation, about the ohms

Chesky

Joined May 12, 2015
I get a situation,
I got more than one solution but I'm looking for a solution without Needing extra wires,

I got to Tekmar zone control (422) with 50 zones connected to it then there is a serious of zone valves on every floor every term starts in every room has a tiny conductor wire going to the tekmar then there is a two conductor from the tekmar to the zone valve on the floor to give 24 V To the valve motor,
This works very good in a regular situation even if you have more than one zone motor on the 2 conductor wire that brings 24 V when the zone needs to open
It will function perfectly !!

The problem happens when you need to go more than 3 zone valve motors what it happens it shorts the 24 V AC fuse I checked The continuity to find where the problem is in as did connect more then 3 did it give me a full continuity

My question is why there is a solution to put a resister or something like it to solve this problem

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If the fuse blows, then three motors obviously draw more current than the circuit is designed to handle. It is unsafe to overload circuits, since that is a fire risk. A resistor is NOT the answer. In the interests of safety you need to upgrade the 24V supply and circuit wiring.

Chesky

Joined May 12, 2015
If the fuse blows, then three motors obviously draw more current than the circuit is designed to handle. It is unsafe to overload circuits, since that is a fire risk. A resistor is NOT the answer. In the interests of safety you need to upgrade the 24V supply and circuit wiring.
As I understand it don't take to much power just the ohms are to close