I expect some explanation for this discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunone

Joined Jan 11, 2011
Can I kindly receive an explanation why my questions were moved in HOMEWORK HELP ???!?!?!!? :

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=48499

I can understand that for some of you some of these questions are really easy but for me they are not!!!!!!!
And browsing among the threads I don't see a big difference between my questions and the questions of the other users!!!! I FOUND THIS BEHAVIOUR REALLY OFFENSIVE.:mad::mad::mad:

After a Msc in Informatic Engineering and a Ph.d in Applied math for medical imaging, I don't expect to be a genius of electronics because it is just an hobby and I am here to learn. But I found difficult to learn if someone discriminates me for some reasons. Is there a not clear motivation in the rules of the forum ? Can I have explained which part of the forum agreement did I violate ?

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
How exactly does it offend you when your thread is moved on one of the most popular forums of AAC where people receive help with their problems everyday?

Clearly the nature of your question suits better on the Homework Help section.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This forum is maintained by very hard working people that do it all for no money. There are mods that do their best to maintain order on the forum. Once again all for no money. The forum owner maintains the server all at his cost.

Not to mention all the wonderful people that help out by answering all of my dumb questions and all of the questions of others. They do it for no money.

So a post gets moved to a place where you do not agree it should go. It has happened to all of us.

There is no need to go on a rant with not one but two posts.

I for one am very appreciative of all the hard work that everyone participates in making this forum one of the best forums on the internet.

You might want to think about this before you make your next request when you have a problem. All you had to do was ask nicely and I am sure the mods would either accommodate you or give you reasonable explanation of why they think your post should have put in the homework forum. They are all very nice people and willing to listen. Again they do it all for free.

sunone

Joined Jan 11, 2011
Ok, discussion closed, but I don't know you so I can imagine all the possible explanations, even that someone wants to be petty with me.
Now that we understood, feel free to delete both messages. Especially since they are repeated.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
My my, what a nice thoughtful person you must be in real life.

I demand that you respond!

I won't be back to this thread to read it, but I'll demand it anyway. Seems to be a common theme with some people.

sunone

Joined Jan 11, 2011
My my, what a nice thoughtful person you must be in real life.
This is again offensive and you don't know me at all.

I demand that you respond!
Respond of what ? Of having my post moved probably for a mistake.
As it was pointed out, this website is maintained by people who maintain it for free, so none is to blame. Anyway, it is clear that I am not welcome here for a reason or another, I guess I am making you happy. In the meanwhile I delete my account, reflect if some of you can be more friendly.

I won't be back to this thread to read it, but I'll demand it anyway. Seems to be a common theme with some people.
Now I am really scared. Exactly for respecting the time of the people helping this website for free, I delete my account by myself.

sunone

Joined Jan 11, 2011
I am not capable to delete my account, so I leave you the honour, I am just removing my mail.
Have a nice evening.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Ok, discussion closed, but I don't know you so I can imagine all the possible explanations, even that someone wants to be petty with me.
Now that we understood, feel free to delete both messages. Especially since they are repeated.
No one owes you anything!!!! How much did you pay to join this forum?

I think you are the one that owes an apology to the mods and the members of this forum.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@Sunone I think your first response to the moving of your first post was somewhat overstated. So your fingers got mildly smacked so to speak. But you have also realize that fact your self. So the last postings from Spinnaker, R!f@@, and kermit was uncalled for. You can use this button to report them to the moderator
. As I consider them over the top. So let us just say your start in this forum was rough. But it is no need to leave us for good. Just give us another change. After all your question was taken care of. You got a lot tips for reading you up on filters.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
My post is uncalled for ?
Hmmm !! It seems u misjudged my post..then again I am not very good like the rest of you.

Anyways...since I did not see the OP's first post, my remarks are are for the rest.

What was it about, this I like to know.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh dear....his post got moved..

I see he is not a student but the Mod's may have not noticed that since he did not (I think) stated his statue before that typical post.

Still it is no reason to find a move offensive. Op could have simply asked why or PM a Mod. No biggie.
I agree with t06...we were a bit over rated. Sorry. Apologies from me.

OP. This happens sometimes but still we can be good friends u know.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I see he is not a student but the Mod's may have not noticed that since he did not (I think) stated his statue before that typical post.

Still it is no reason to find a move offensive. Op could have simply asked why or PM a Mod. No biggie.

Maybe my second post on the subject was a bit over the top (for that I apologize) but not my first. But only made it worse with more insults.

If you notice, he deleted all of his posts so we are the ones looking like the bad guys.

And yes I agree. OP is always welcome back here. Everyone can have a bad day. Including mods that move posts to places where they shouldn't. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

Hey R!f@@ , Maybe you forgot to live by your own signature line? :)

Actually I like it, those are good words to live by. Hard to do but we should all at least try. The world would be a better place.

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Okay then. If you want me to go elsewhere just say the word.
I won't, however, apologize for my observation.

I've been both the victim and the perpetrator at various times online. I don't let it bother me one way or the other much anymore. Sometimes when we are feeling in a foul mood, that comes through in our online dialogue.

Some of us spoke too frankly and un-politely, while one of us acted a jerk and brought this on.

Let it go. Water under the bridge. Overwrite the file.

No wants; no warrants. Forgive and forget.

:)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Has this become some international drama week? Several small things have become blown up all out of proportion.

Let us second the motion to forgive and forget.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Has this become some international drama week? Several small things have become blown up all out of proportion.

Let us second the motion to forgive and forget.
Let us hope it will be a long time to the next time server has to be moved. It has been hard for many people not getting the daily AAC fix.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've been known to quote posts so the OP was nailed, then delete or change the whole post. It is one of few times I feel it is OK to change posts, to keep the piece or correct an error. Generally once I post that is it, I'll apologize later on another post, but as a matter of integrity keep the verbage (minus grammar errors) intact.

Text is odd, minor things will set your blood to boil where face to face doesn't. You might get offended, but not red faced out of control angry. It has happened to me, I suspect it happens to everyone. Sometimes it is hard not to feed the troll, as verbose as I am it can be almost impossible. Had to do it within the last week though, my arm still hurts patting myself on the back.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This ain't a drama. Short tempers are normal for humans.

I really was not angry about any thing. I just say it, may be the way I can say it is wrong.
Every bodies not perfect.

As for my signature. I try to live by it. Even though it is hard.
I must say trying had made me a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.