I dreamed I was running following a car

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
That's bad dream. I find since I am a father, my worst dreams are about something bad happening to my kids. Sometimes even when I am not asleep, like when I am driving and someone else on the road does something dangerous, my mind wanders to a dark place where I imagine an accident and I imagine them getting hurt. My mood totally changes and I get a little depressed even though nothing happened. I have to start talking about something to get my mind off of it.

Speaking of dreams though, in the past week I've dreamed 3X that my teeth were falling out. :(

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Sometimes even when I am not asleep, like when I am driving and someone else on the road does something dangerous, my mind wanders to a dark place where I imagine an accident and I imagine them getting hurt. My mood totally changes and I get a little depressed even though nothing happened. I have to start talking about something to get my mind off of it.
understand:)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm not a father (in the traditional sense)--I don't have any real children, but I have a few cats that I love like they're my children (I'm sure if I had kids, I'd love THEM more than the cats, but you get the picture :p).

Every now and then my mind wanders to a place where they get hurt--whether something falls on them, or someone intentionally causes them harm. Little things can set that off for me--someone saying "I hate cats", or watching a music video in which an animated cat is on fire (It's discrete, and I didn't notice it until I watched it several times, but it's enough). It just fills me with a deep sense of horror, and I have to bring my cats into my bedroom for the night, to ensure nothing happens to them. I can only imagine how much more terrible it must be to dream that your own children are in danger or come to harm :(

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Every now and then my mind wanders to a place where they get hurt--whether something falls on them, or someone intentionally causes them harm. Little things can set that off for me--someone saying "I hate cats", or watching a music video in which an animated cat is on fire (It's discrete, and I didn't notice it until I watched it several times, but it's enough). It just fills me with a deep sense of horror, and I have to bring my cats into my bedroom for the night, to ensure nothing happens to them.
I guess all human beings are similar,no matter where they lives,and what they are:D

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I have somehow the ability to pull my self out of a nightmare by waking up. If I open my eyes. The dream will lost forever. However if it is a nice dream. involving (purely hypothetical of course) say Rihanna, a bowl of wiped cream, rotary beater and a stack of celery sticks. I might slumber into the dream again by not opening my eyes. The sad thing is that those kind dreams always come to the more interesting parts. As the alarm clock goes off

Last edited: