i don't understand what it says...

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by arko_buet09, Mar 26, 2011.

1. arko_buet09

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    i am solving the alternating current circuits by corcoran and having a little bit problem with language things(English is not my first language)
    a problem says ..
    find the instantaneous value of a sinusoidal alternating current having a maximum value of 90 amperes, 60 degree after the currnet passes through its zero value going positive 225 degree after the current passes through its zero value going positive.

please help me with this.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    The problem statement appears to provide all of the information needed to find the solution.

Since the problem is dealing with a sinusoidal current waveform then you may want to consider calling on your knowledge of the sine-function to derive the value of current at the two given angles. Remember that sine of the angle zero is zero and then go from there.

At least take a shot at a solution and post it here.

hgmjr

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Remember that the formula of your current is
     I=I_0 \sin (\phi)

i_0 is the maximum value of the current.
    \phi is expressed in degrees and is the current angle of the current and is equal to \omega \cdot t .

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Thanks for the correction. I usually read my posts once before submitting them. I corrected it myself too.

5. arko_buet09

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    yeah! i solved it. i was a little bit confused with the phi angle, here in the formula mentioned.
    the ans was 77.94 A for the 60 degree

thanks guys;