I don't think I want to live here anymore

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Personally I think it is a good (and necessary) experience for children to be raised around dogs and cats (especially dogs). Dogs are just about the only animal that will give it's life for its master and family. You look into its eyes and there is something there, a soul if you will. Cats love too, but they are very different in their expression of it. Both will fight to defend its home, but a dog is much more certain, which is why they are the ultimate deterrent.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Personally I think it is a good (and necessary) experience for children to be raised around dogs and cats (especially dogs). Dogs are just about the only animal that will give it's life for its master and family. You look into its eyes and there is something there, a soul if you will. Cats love too, but they are very different in their expression of it. Both will fight to defend its home, but a dog is much more certain, which is why they are the ultimate deterrent.
So true.

I've had dogs up until 2 years ago. When I lived with my parents, my father was bird hunting. And we hat a couple of these:

Later we had:

This dog was laying in bed, at my feets for 16 years. Best dog, ever!

Then we had a:

After that I moved out and got a mix. Had that for many years, until I finally had the Grate Dane.

Always, coming home from either school or job, the dog greeted me and jumped around. Happy to see its master.

I miss that!

Its different with the cats. No one owns a cat. It just walks round as a King or Queen and demands to be fed and petted. Of cours dogs can behave like that, but its in a different manner.

This was just a tad of topic.:)