I don't think I want to live here anymore

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Today morning around 9. The streets near my house was blocked by traffic police and forensic guys.

I sneaked around and found out tht a woman was stabbed in broad day light by a drive by .:eek:

What is this country coming to....

Stabbing in broad day light....
These political guys are taking things way too far.....

There are rumors that former president is likely to be u know what......
I hope they are just rumors.

It ain't safe here any more. Turning this country into a democrat lead to this. I think I prefer the slavery or military rule.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are confusing corruption with Democracy. There is an old saying, people get the government they deserve. If they demand better governance, they generally get it.

Of course, if you really prefer being governed out of the barrel of a gun...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
She is a member of the MDP, the ruling party.
She has big mouth like me. She says anything and everything the way it is. Right to the face

{ed}
That's funny..It seems my IP now is blocked. I cannot see the page :confused:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I can.

Thats craziness.

MALE, January 3 (HNS) – Presidential member at Judicial Service Commission (JSC) Aishath Velezinee was stabbed this morning.

Police spokesperson, Sub-Inspector Ahmed Shiyam said Velezinee was stabbed around 10am while walking on Chaandhanee Magu near Iskandaru School.

“Velezinee was stabbed at three points on her back. But the injuries were not serious,” he said.

No arrests have been made so far.

Velezinee was discharged around 1pm after treatment at Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH).

Velezinee spoke to Haveeru via phone from the hospital but declined to comment on the stabbing. She asked to contact the police.

President Mohamed Nasheed and senior officials of the government visited Velezinee while she was being treated at IGMH’s emergency room.

The president told Haveeru that the government would not “leave a single stone unturned” in its attempts to find the culprits behind the “cowardly action.”

“This is cowardice. But this attack will not change Velezinee’s courage,” he said.

Velezinee is a courageous person who he hopes would continue her works despite the attack, President Nasheed added.

A person who helped to take Velezinee to the hospital said she was taken to the hospital in a police car and added that her dress was covered in blood.

“I saw Velezinee while getting off a motorcycle at the junction between Majeedee Magu and Maaveyo Magu. Velezinee said that she got off the motorcycle because of the intense pain. I stopped a passing police car and put her in the car,” the person said.

The person quoted Velezinee as saying that a group of people on motorcycles stabbed her.

JSC Commissioner Ahmed Mohamed, meanwhile, condemned the attack and described the stabbing as an “attack against the judiciary.”

“This is an attack against whole judiciary. We would not hesitate to take any measures regarding this attack,” he said after the urgent commission held following the stabbing.

Deputy Commissioner Dr Afrasheem Ali said the attack against Velezinee might topple the judiciary.

“Freedom of expression is a right guaranteed by the constitution. Difference of beliefs and opinions is not a problem. We cannot accept attacking a person because of the person’s opinion,” he said.

The cabinet also condemned the stabbing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

01.30 - Velezinee has been discharged after treatment.

11.33 - A police spokesperson said the injuries Velezinee sustained from the stabbing are not serious.

"We are getting information that she was stabbed at three points on her back. We are checking the doctor's report for the details of the injuries," the spokesperson.

Velezinee spoke to Haveeru via phone from the hospital but declined to comment on the stabbing. She asked to contact the police.

The person whole helped to take Velezinee to the hospital quoted her as saying that the stabbing took place near Iskandaru School.

11.02 – An eyewitness reported seeing Velezinee, who was bleeding excessively from her back, falling at the junction between Maaveyo Magu and Majeedee Magu.

The eyewitness quoted Velezinee as saying that a group of people on motorcycles stabbed her.

The eyewitness put Velezinee in a passing police car to take her to the hospital.

10.54 - After visiting Velezinee at IGMH's emergency room, President Nasheed told Haveeru that she was stabbed at four points on her back.

The president assured that the government would “roll every stone” to find the culprits behind the “cowardly action.”

Velezinee is a courageous person who he hopes would continue her works despite the attack, President Nasheed added.

10.46 - President Mohamed Nasheed is visiting IGMH along with senior officials of the government. They are waiting outside the hospital's emergency room where Velezinee is being treated.

10.20 - Presidential member at the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) Aishath Velezinee has been stabbed a while ago.

A police spokesperson said Velezinee, who is being treated at Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH), was stabbed on the back.

Haveeru understands that the stabbing took place on Shaheed Kudanevi Thuththu Manik Higun road in Machangoalhi ward. She was taken to the hospital reportedly on the back seat of a motorcycle.
as reported here: http://www.haveeru.com.mv/english/details/34087

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You must have gotten in before the blackout. I can't see the report on the link either. Either that, or the link is overloaded.

John

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I just tried re-loading 15 times in a row... about 2 seconds between reloads.

Maybe its ME overloading the server.. oops..

However, nary an error.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
That happens everywhere. A couple years ago some guy walked out onto one of our major roads at 5pm. Shot this guy chasing him across the street. Then reloaded and kept shooting him. Then he got in his car and drove off. This is in rush hour deadlocked traffic on a 6 lane road.
It happens in the west, not here.

Here we can walk peacefully even at the dead of night. I remember those times. Then I would be scared of the darkness. Now we are scared if any one passes by in the daylight.

I do not see a reason that this should be...

This is happening because the authorities are not following the guidelines laid out for us humans. They think they can solve everything. They never realize it is due to them these things are happening or it is them who are doing this.

Power Corrupts Humans. Man should not have any Power. It is the Greed that get's us.

It is said this world is to those who corrupts it. It is true.
This world belongs to those who does not follow God's laws.
We can see it everywhere. A good, peaceful man has nothing. The corrupt and the greed has everything.
Which tells us that this world is truly worthless.
Which again tells me that there is a better life waiting for each and every one of us. We just have to choose whether we want this world or that world.
I have made my peace long time ago. There is nothing I want in this world.
I sometimes secretly pray for a quick death you know.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Back on topic for this off topic discussion, are you serious about emigrating from paradise? One route to do that is through education. That is, if you can get college or its equivalent there, you will have an easier time finding post-graduate positions abroad.

John