i dont know what i am thinking of

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacmac1003

Joined Dec 30, 2014
Ok so here is what i want, a valve that opens depending on its signal voltage. I know the input will be a voltage, and the output will be the variable actuation of a valve from closed to open depending on the voltage it recieves (ex. 0-5v is closed to open) what I dont know is how to make the logic in between the two. I work on cars for a living so i understand input-logic-output because it is a process used on all modern automobiles but i dont know how to make my own past the input and output. If anyone understands what I am saying and can point me in the right direction the help would be appriciated. Remember I am a technician not an engineer this is new waters for me.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What kind of valve? Proportional valves are expensive, there are cheaper motorized versions out that resemble spigot types, just motorized instead of manual.
Max.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If it is a simple rotary valve like the throttle in a model engine, then you can use a model servo. Any similar rotary valve that requires less a than a full turn should also be adapted to that solution. Isn't the accelerator-throttle in cars electronic?

John

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Then such application is not for discussion on AAC and this thread is closed.

The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised, are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

Another forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.