I don't get Bus issue

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TBayBoy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
    I'm confused?

The Secret Service spent 100,000 on a bus shell in Canada, then 1 Million outfitting it in Texas, and people are all up in arms at it being Canadian made?

Confused...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    post the link so we know what you are talking about.

3. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
  4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    The American color are red white and blue.Some people say he's killing the country
    so he touring in a black hearse.

5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Tbay,

Some complain for complaining sake, especially if the complaining get's your political opponent some negative press.

6. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    It's a trivial issue IMO but their gripe is that the president made big talk about making all our vehilces in the U.S.; then he went out and bough himself one from Canada. sort of hypocritical but it's only a distraction.

7. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    That's why it's called the Magical Misery Tour.

8. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    some people actually think that closing the doors on international trade will help the economy.

9. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Yes that is correct Loosewire. This is a serious forum. We can not have members just writing loose minds and whims. Taken from the top of their head at random moments. Such postings are often hard for other members to follow and understand....:rolleyes:

strantor likes this.
  10. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    are you referring to Canada or USA?
    I assume USA.
    Myself and the majority of the people I have talked to are in agreement that international trade should be more balanced. Ever increasing outsourcing and imports of cheap crap from China are part of what's killing our economy. We need more things made here on our soil. An outright closing of the doors would be 'tarded.

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Truth, I hold Canada in very high esteem, we are as close as two countries can get and not be joined. While we may not have exactly the same interests, they come so close that it might as well be considered a common interest.

I don't know this, but I'm willing to bet we are very tight trading partners too. Any money spent over there will probably come home eventually.

12. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
  13. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
    I liken the relationship to like two neighbors who mow each others lawn when the other is on vacation.

14. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    actually, we are joined; at the hip you could say; a very long hip.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_–_United_States_border

That was a joke, in case it wasn't apparent.

15. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    Sorry, yes I was thinking US.

Canada has a unique position in future terms. A relatively small population in a land of immense resources. We will always look to our southern cousins as trading partners, however, as other world economies evolve, we will include partnerships with other markets.

I watched an informative presentation of one of our past prime ministers (Chretain) delivering a speach to a US business group last night, where he stated the obvious, in Canada, when required to control deficit, the single entity in control cuts spending, while in the US, the political structure prevents such decisive action.

Bus or no bus, at some point reform must happen. Just hope that wide spread anarchy is not a required catalyst.

16. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm afraid that is exactly what will be required. The time is not yet ripe. It must get worse before it gets better. The problems have not hit home hard enough yet for most Americans. When they do, it will be too late; we will be in an unrecoverable downward spiral. some will panic, and panic is contagious. most will panic. the wide spread anarchy that you speak of will ensue (I hope*). then the rebirth.

*I just hope that when the people panic, they do the right thing. I hope they stand up and demand...no scrtach that; take ...back the country. I hope they don't turn to a governement that has already failed them and is trying to enslave them. I hope they restore the government as it was originally concieved by the founding fathers.

17. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
    Unfortunately that's not how it will play out, to many countries have their economies intertwined with the US, decades ago, when civil unrest sprang up in a country, other countries would be hands off, but the lessons of WWI and WWII taught the rest of the world, hands off is far more expensive than hands on.

I figure the first shot will be a rallying cry for other countries to back factions and divide up the spoils when the dust settles.

No one in the world these days owns their country exclusively.

18. TBayBoy

Thread Starter Member

May 25, 2011
    I wonder how people on both sides of the pencil border will take to merger talks in the next few decades?

19. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    While this may not be PC, to me its funny, no offense meant to any one. Does Obama have to ride in the back of the bus?

20. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't shortbus. do you have to ride in the back of your bus?