I couldn't identify this component, can you please help me?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by gkcy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. gkcy

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Hello all and thanks for the opportunity to be a member of this resourceful forum. First time posting on the forum.

I am amateur in electronics but i fix laptops and i got a laptop in the workshop which dropped on the floor by the customer. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron M5010 (AMD).

I was searching for any faulty part on the motherboard, near the obvious cracked part of the laptop. I came with a faulty component that is located in the LEFT BOTTOM CORNER of the motherboard which i couldn't identify at all.

The only information i have is that it has imprinted "CK=CK R27 (below it)" and it is a squared 6x6 legged chip with a 5mm wide.

It is getting very very hot on the touch when i plug the power adapter in. Thanks a lot in advance if anyone recognize this component. I am still searching for any other fault and see if worths to spent time to replace it.

Kind Regards and thanks!

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I'm not ignoring you. I don't know the answer.
    Be patient. A lot more people will look at this in the next 24 hours.

3. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    Looks like this one: RT8205BGQW-GP.

Check out this schematic and see if it makes any sense, i.e. if it corresponds to your PCB.

EDIT: If it gets hot it may not be a faulty chip but the wrong voltage applied somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. MrHam

Jul 20, 2012
    capacitor PC4611 has been broken off the board. searching for part number SC10U25V6KX-1GP from the schematic provided by praondevou, it may be a 10uf 25v capacitor.