i connected my uC upside down

indianhits

Joined Jul 25, 2009
guys i have a 8051 development board

i should have connected in '1' format(from figure) but i connected it in '2' format and after few seconds my uC was heating up quickly so i quickly removed the supply.now i want to know whether my uC will work or not

i don't know if that works or not but i took a multimeter and i tested out P0^1 and ground and it is showing the readings.so is that means that the Uc is ok

please help me

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The only way you can know for sure is to try operating the part in the correct orientation. I suspect that the part has been damaged if not severly certainly it has been compromised. I would label it as damaged and move on.

Most of the members here who have had any experience will tell you that they have reversed the power on a device at least a few times in their carreer.

hgmjr

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I inserted PIC micros upside down thrice. Up to now they seem to work OK but as hgmjr says, I marked them (as INV) to never use them in the final board of anything.

indianhits

Joined Jul 25, 2009
yeah later i tested it and it works fine nothing has been compromised i checked it but still i bought a new uC for myself.Its like having two intelligent babies....

Anyway Thanks for reply guys!!!!