i can't program my micro...!! help

roberty

Joined Aug 18, 2010
hi every one
this is the first time i work whit AVR microcontroller and because of that i'm NOT expert enough to program these IC's.

when I'm gonna program my atmega16 whit this programmer (( you can see the photo below))

I recive the following massage

and this is why i CAN NOT programm my microcontroller.

so I want you to do me a favour and tell me what is wrong whit this.

how can I fix this problem...??

how can I ensure that my microcontroller (( atmega16 )) is NOT damaged..??

thanks alot.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
According to the legend on the board, the jumper should not be in the 2-3 position, where it is only used for programming Tiny2313 only. You are using a Mega16 so the jumper setting is wrong.

You can try moving it to position 1-2 or refer to the instruction manual of the programmer board.

Attachments

roberty

Joined Aug 18, 2010
According to the legend on the board, the jumper should not be in the 2-3 position, where it is only used for programming Tiny2313 only. You are using a Mega16 so the jumper setting is wrong.

You can try moving it to position 1-2 or refer to the instruction manual of the programmer board.

thanks.
I did what you told me but no results...!!

Can you show us a picture of your programming cable? It is plugged into your PC's parallel port?

hgmjr
of course I can..!!
here are the pictures and the method of connection

I attached the cable to this usb port

and this is the cable on the left side of the cable whit purple head:

also when I'm gonna use another programming softeare (( named progISP )) i recive the following massege:

Im really confused of this...!! no programming sotware can programm my
atmega16 and because of that i cant run my project...!!

please help me and tell me how can i fix this.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
You cannot use just about any other programming software for the programmer because it will only work correctly with the software it is designed for.

Your case is especially bad because I heard of no successful case of using an USB/Parallel converter for a programmer designed for LPT port. An USB/Serial port converter might work in 50% of cases if the programmer is designed for serial port.

Where did you buy this programmer and is there a software coming with the programmer?

You may try the following too.

Attachments

Last edited: