i can't login my laptop

kamarul amin

Joined Dec 2, 2014
i got an acer laptop...previously, i used the laptop for my foundation study before use another laptop in degree... so, my brother took the laptop and changed the password...unfortunately, he told me he can't remember the password anymore.. so for now, the laptop cannot be login.. it can only boot until the page that request for the password.. the laptop is in windows 8..aspire V5..small one
sorry for my broken english..... i hope you guys can help me..

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I recently had to recover a friends lost password for Windows, it worked OK me.
Google for : Using Ubuntu to recover forgotten Windows password
E

Last edited:

kamarul amin

Joined Dec 2, 2014
hi,
I recently had to recover a friends lost password for Windows, it worked OK me.
Google for : Using Ubuntu to recover forgotten Windows password
E

how to do it? i'm stuck at login page. Before the UI. The only other button is restart, sleep and shut down :( do i need to connect the laptop with other laptop to reset it?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
how to do it? i'm stuck at login page. Before the UI. The only other button is restart, sleep and shut down :( do i need to connect the laptop with other laptop to reset it?
The uTube video explains the method, step by step.

Download the demo version of Ubuntu, burn the desktop Ubuntu to a DVD.
Boot up your laptop and change the Boot order from HD drive to DVD drive.
Power down, insert the DVD and boot up from the DVD, this will run Ubuntu from the DVD.
Then follow the uTube instructions for accessing the Win/Sys files and creating/modifying the Win password.
When done, remove the DVD from the laptop and reboot, this should allow your new Win password.
OK.?
E

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
If he holds the esc key he maybe fix it without booting anything seeing windows 8 and up Microsoft keeps a copy of your password