I am leaving this website

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
So long AG. Your expertise with analog systems will be missed. You are one of the best "audio gurus" I've met--you know your stuff!

In all honesty, I won't miss your occasional rude remarks, but I'll miss having your experience here on the board. You've been a huge benefit to the site, and you will be sorely missed. I hope you reconsider.

Best wishes,
Matt

Joined Nov 30, 2010
With AG gone, I'll have to re-learn all that stuff about noise density and THD. It's like losing a book out of your library.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Say, with AG gone, someone has to take up the slack and start being rude to senseless, lazy and selfish posters who need to be told how to make a proper post.

Here are my new rules:

1) The subject title must state the problem. "Need help" does not do it.

2) Never ask for help ASAP, or urgently. This will delay responses by 7 days, at least.

3) The first post of the thread must describe the nature of the problem completely in no fewer than 50 words.

4) All posts must use proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization. No texting is allowed.

5) All acronyms must be spelled out unless it is common knowledge in the electronics field, such as BJT, MOSFET, CMOS, TTL, PCB.

6) No cussing, swearing, flaming, put downs on age, sex, religion, politics or nationality allowed.

7) A circuit related question must be accompanied by a clear circuit diagram.

8) The poster must have completed an internet search of the subject matter before posting a question.

9) Any school, college, university, homework/project/assignment must show efforts to solving the problem.

10) Don't bother to ask for suggestions on final year projects. We don't have any.

Anything I missed out?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Say, with AG gone, someone has to take up the slack and start being rude to senseless, lazy and selfish posters who need to be told how to make a proper post.

Here are my new rules:

1) The subject title must state the problem. "Need help" does not do it.

2) Never ask for help ASAP, or urgently. This will delay responses by 7 days, at least.

3) The first post of the thread must describe the nature of the problem completely in no fewer than 50 words.

4) All posts must use proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization. No texting is allowed.

5) All acronyms must be spelled out unless it is common knowledge in the electronics field, such as BJT, MOSFET, CMOS, TTL, PCB.

6) No cussing, swearing, flaming, put downs on age, sex, religion, politics or nationality allowed.

7) A circuit related question must be accompanied by a clear circuit diagram.

8) The poster must have completed an internet search of the subject matter before posting a question.

9) Any school, college, university, homework/project/assignment must show efforts to solving the problem.

10) Don't bother to ask for suggestions on final year projects. We don't have any.

Anything I missed out?
I agree 100%, but I also think it's important for the rest of us to follow #6 as well, not just for the person posting the question. I've seen too much of that already.

P.S. I'm glad AAC is such a tolerant site (overall). I posted something like this once on ETO and almost got banned for it. Received an infraction and several warnings from the mods. Granted, I was clearly more peeved in that post than you are in this one, but the idea was the same :p