I am leaving this website

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I like AudioGuru a lot, and have asked him for technical advice many times. If I could I would do so again, he is very knowledgeable in his field and is able to explain electronics both concisely and clearly.

As a moderator though, I have seen the numerous comments we have had to moderate over time and time again. This is a learning website, first and foremost. We teach, we do not allow flaming, hate mail, or insults. AG can not seem to lay off beginners. I have to admit I find some of them tiresome, but I just ignore them even if they bother me. As I have said before, no one is born knowing this stuff, you have to learn it. So we are going to get dumb questions. This is OK, it is part of learning. I am 56, I have over 40 years of experience, and I still make brain farts.

We get people all over the world here. Some come to learn electronics, others come to learn written English skills, some come to learn both. Many of them consider other countries blood enemies, yet all here are equal, and will be treated with respect. The moderators at AAC insist on this, it is a hard rule. If mutual respect and friendships are formed so much the better.

AG, I hope you reconsider. I will miss you, but you can not keep zinging people here. If they bug you use the ignore feature, and/or just move on. Like I said, to me respecting other people (even if I do think they are idiots, and there have been a few) is a hard rule here. There have been more than one time I have gone back and edited my posts to lighten it up. No one is perfect.
Well said. I think it is just a simple matter of ignoring those posts that annoy you. There are plenty of other forum members to help out, no need to try to answer all the questions. Devote your valuable time to those you think that are worthy.

Though from a personal standpoint, I can understand where AG is coming from on the language thing. I need to deal with it on a daily basis, where I see green card contractors that barely speak English come in replacing the jobs of former co-workers. Everyday I am surrounded by more and more people that are not speaking the English language and I know that it is just a matter of time till one of them replaces me. It is a difficult thing to act in a civil manner when you are faced with that type of situation day in and day out.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Yes punishment with a whip is clearly BDSM.
Most professional forums don't entertain such a language. Not graphically and not with words.

I do not know you and nothing against you in person, but having these emoticons prevail, and the community is ruined.
Thanks, with edit on I will pull them.

Edit: Remember to pull them from yours too!

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
I like AudioGuru a lot, and have asked him for technical advice many times. If I could I would do so again, he is very knowledgeable in his field and is able to explain electronics both concisely and clearly.

As a moderator though, I have seen the numerous comments we have had to moderate over time and time again. This is a learning website, first and foremost. We teach, we do not allow flaming, hate mail, or insults. AG can not seem to lay off beginners. I have to admit I find some of them tiresome, but I just ignore them even if they bother me. As I have said before, no one is born knowing this stuff, you have to learn it. So we are going to get dumb questions. This is OK, it is part of learning. I am 56, I have over 40 years of experience, and I still make brain farts.

We get people all over the world here. Some come to learn electronics, others come to learn written English skills, some come to learn both. Many of them consider other countries blood enemies, yet all here are equal, and will be treated with respect. The moderators at AAC insist on this, it is a hard rule. If mutual respect and friendships are formed so much the better.

AG, I hope you reconsider. I will miss you, but you can not keep zinging people here. If they bug you use the ignore feature, and/or just move on. Like I said, to me respecting other people (even if I do think they are idiots, and there have been a few) is a hard rule here. There have been more than one time I have gone back and edited my posts to lighten it up. No one is perfect.
I recon there's a difference between:

"Hi I just started in electronics, can you guys give me a clue as to how I should wire these LEDs up? Thanks!!"

and

"I come india i homework give, cloud electrons capacitor charge. -=-=-=- <-- schematic. tell. "

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
And let me PS: That guy's one of the smartest I've seen in years. He contributes a lot of good knowledge. The majority of people here contribute little. I hope he stays and give him a raise.

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Now I know:rolleyes:
Well I appreciate your understanding, and I hope you will be a valueable forum member.

Maybe if you want to express emotion look at grasscity.com
There is some moderate level of RLOTF graphics, but not much violence. It occurs because it is a large forum, but it is not predominant.

All the grasscity members are a special population group- they share an interest in a topic which the mayority of the population does not.

You never have to judge anyone- sorting them out into a special population group is enough. The idea is they stay there, and mainly deal with each other.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Well I appreciate your understanding, and I hope you will be a valueable forum member.

Maybe if you want to express emotion look at grasscity.com
There is some moderate level of RLOTF graphics, but not much violence. It occurs because it is a large forum, but it is not predominant.

All the grasscity members are a special population group- they share an interest in a topic which the mayority of the population does not.

You never have to judge anyone- sorting them out into a special population group is enough. The idea is they stay there, and mainly deal with each other.
Kindly edit your post, with my quote.

I won't or will not use anything than what is provided.

And inform me in the future of any genre changes. Even language is not the same any more, it's all fallen in the gutter. I can't even use simple language without offending anyone.

What ever you do don't get old, just kill yourself or suffer ridicule.

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Kindly edit your post, with my quote.

I don't or will not use anything than what is provided.

And inform me in the future of any genre changes. Even language is not the same any more, it's all fallen in the gutter. I can't even use simple language without offending anyone.

What ever you do don't get old, just kill yourself or suffer ridicule.
Done. No problem. I do not often comment posts which I don't like, but I saw stuff like that prevailing on other forums.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I bet if you think back far enough AG you might remember being an "annoying 13yr old" yourself. ;)

Please don't go! We need "grumpy old men" of your calibre, maybe not so much for the grumpyness but for the massive wealth of knowlege and experience that you bring to the table.

A forum is a society, and nobody is without fault in a society. Kids are always going to be annoying, impatient and immature. And grumpy old men (myself included here) are always going to be intolerant, opinionated, and expect everyone to know what they are doing. So if we all have our faults why can't we all try to just get along? :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Goodbye, friends.
I am leaving this forum before the moderators permanently ban me in about 1 week.
In the past I enjoyed chatting about complicated electronic circuits here with my peers but that has changed.
Now most of my peers are gone and are replaced with nOObs from 3rd-world countries who ask in broken English the simplest basic questions over and over. Some of the nOObs say they are only 10 and 13 years old.
One moderator calls this an "educational" site. Let it be.
Bye.
As many others have said before me. I really do not hope you leave us for good Audioguru. That will be a irreparable loss to this site. Instead take some time off if that make you feel better. You have proven countless times that you are not by any means dumb. But still I am somewhat puzzled over the fact that you now and then post comments. That I am quite sure, you deep inside some place very well know are unseemly and will get you in trouble. Like in the thread made by a 13 year old kid, who wanted to make complex battery charger. Almost out of thin air. As many have said before. If a poster for some reason annoy you. Just ignore that poster.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I've had a few run-ins with AG, but I've learned a ton reading his posts. I think he'll probably continue to be on the other electronics site that I never visit anymore due to it being over-run with trolls. Anyway, thanks for your insight and for sharing your knowledge. If you find a site for experienced people only, please share it with us so we have a place to go when we need a break from all the noob questions.

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
anyone who uses txs spk in this form should receive a 3 month ban.. period.

it would help things no end and sort the wheat from the chaff.