i am a studentof chemistry who needs help with circuits

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
hi.i am a student of chemistry but circuits have been included in my semester and i have got a final exam on thursday so i really need your help.i can't solve circuit problems and i tried to upload the book skooge here so that anyone would help me with problems given after the chapter.turns out it wouldn't upload here.would anyone be kind enough to help me to solve chapters 2 and 3 of "principles of instrumental analysis"by douglas a skooge.book is available on scribd. i need help as soon as possible .thaanx in advance.

ps: i tried to draw the circuit in paint and upload it but itstill won't upload.so any suggestions would be welcome to help me with my problem.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No one is just going to solve all of the problems in two chapters out of some text for you.

What the heck is a "book skooge"?

How are youi trying to upload your Paint file? You should be using the Manage Attachments section on the page that you see if you click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the QUick Reply dialog box.

You need to post a specific problem (or ask a specific question) and show YOUR effort to solve it (or answer it). That gives us the foundation upon which to guide you in the right direction.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Don't post a link to a website where we have to join in order to see what you are talking about. You are asking for free help from strangers; the onus is on YOU to make it easy for those strangers to help you.

1) Post the problem, here, that you have questions about.

2) Show YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR homework problem.

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
Oh,i am sorry about the previous link.i hope this link below doesn't require any membership..although you would have to go through the hardship of downloading the book which would take a couple of minutes of which i would be very grateful to you.....otherwise how else am i supposed to post the picture of circuit or that precise page on which problems are listed....

http://books.pakchem.net/principles-of-instrumental-analysis-by-skoog-holler-and-crouch.html

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
and of course i am ready to attempt the questions .i just want anyone to give me hints...i will try to solve the rest myself...i have already solved the parts b,c,d of q2 but cant understand part a

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Someone else may be willing to download an entire book in order to see a problem that you are not willing to take a screen shot of or throw together a Paint sketch of and that you are not willing to show any attempt to solve. I'm not. Three strikes. I'm out.

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
"you can be everything in life but the important thing is to be a good person"

thanks for all the help,mate.sorry if i made you angry or anything:)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not angry or anything of the sort. Like everyone, I have more to do than I have time to do it. So I have to make choices about where to devote my energy.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Anny, you have been asked several times to post the question from the book and also post your attempt at the problem. Start by typing out the entire question from the book. Next, tell us what you've done so far to try to solve it. Use the attachments option to show us your work. Once you do that, and ONLY if you do that, will we be able to help.

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
[~'~T~:lFur d" ...t'Tllhling lhe \'l)ILlgL' di\idcr "ih()wl1 bclnw.l\\'(l of each of the follo\\ing: rc ...i,,-
tIltS are a\adahle: ~()(llL 1.IlO klL and 2.(j() kl!a) Describe a suitable comhination of the resistors that would gl\c the indicated
voltages.
(b) Wha~ would be the IR drop across 1<,"
(c) What current would be drawn from the source'!
(d) What power is dissipated by the circuit?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
[~'~T~:lFur d" ...t'Tllhling lhe \'l)ILlgL' di\idcr "ih()wl1 bclnw.l\\'(l of each of the follo\\ing: rc ...i,,-
tIltS are a\adahle: ~()(llL 1.IlO klL and 2.(j() kl!a) Describe a suitable comhination of the resistors that would gl\c the indicated
voltages.
(b) Wha~ would be the IR drop across 1<,"
(c) What current would be drawn from the source'!
(d) What power is dissipated by the circuit?
Please upload an image of what you are referencing - the gibberish you posted isn't a circuit...

Upload the image to the forum as an attachment to your post:
  1. Take a screenshot (Print Screen button)
  2. Open an image editing program (e.g. paint)
  3. Paste the screenshot(Ctrl+V)
  4. Save the image as a file type the forum recognizes (e.g. .jpg,.BMP, etc.)
  5. In your forum post, click the paperclip icon (circled below in red)
  6. Click upload file and select the file you'd like to upload
  7. Once the file is finished uploading, copy the link to the image file you just uploaded
  8. Click the "Insert Image" button (circled below in green)
  9. Paste the URL you copied into the popup box
  10. Click "Okay" and your image will be attached as well as visible in your post...

If you are unwilling to put in the effort required for us to help you, what do you expect us to do?

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
hi.i am a student of chemistry but circuits have been included in my semester and i have got a final exam on thursday so i really need your help.i can't solve circuit problems and i tried to upload the book skooge here so that anyone would help me with problems given after the chapter.turns out it wouldn't upload here.would anyone be kind enough to help me to solve chapters 2 and 3 of "principles of instrumental analysis"by douglas a skooge.book is available on scribd. i need help as soon as possible .thaanx in advance.
Sure, I just uploaded the solution in scribd 2.0

anny

Joined Nov 17, 2013
so, i solved q2-1b since V=V1+v2+v3
part c can be solved by V1=IR1 since V1=1 but i can't understand how to find R1

part d will be solved by P=I^2*R again since i can't understand the first part i am unable to find the total resistance.

many thanks again to ALL of you.

When you do ask questions, you may look stupid.
When you do NOT ask questions, you will STAY stupid.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
so, i solved q2-1b since V=V1+v2+v3
part c can be solved by V1=IR1 since V1=1 but i can't understand how to find R1

part d will be solved by P=I^2*R again since i can't understand the first part i am unable to find the total resistance.

many thanks again to ALL of you.

When you do ask questions, you may look stupid.
When you do NOT ask questions, you will STAY stupid.
You say you solved q2-1b. Fine. But you don't provide your answer or any work. Are we supposed to use our crystal balls and mind reading skills to determine if you have gotten it right?

As for part a, you have six resistors available, two 500Ω, two 1000Ω, and two 2000Ω, correct?

Q1) What do you know about the current in R1, R2, and R3?

Q2) If V1=1V and V2=4V, what do you know about the ratio R2/R1?

Q3) If V1=1V and V3=(the answer to part b), what do you know about the ratio of R3/R1?

Q4) Can you achieve those ratios using some combination of the six resistors that are available (note that you don't have to use all of them).