Hydrogen generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt999

Joined Dec 17, 2010
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I'm a final year electronics student and i'm investigating the possibility of producing a hydrogen generator (plus all the control) for my final year project.

Now i'm not exactly convinced that Stan Mayers water powered car was cosher, but I do think its an interesting area to investigate (the clocks ticking on the oil reserves after all!!) and looking into other areas, over unity hydrogen production is a farce, of that I'm certain, you NEVER get more out than you put in, simple physics.

Now I come to the point of this post...

I know that hydrogen can simply be obtained by DC electrolysis of water but this process has its drawbacks; heat, large current draw etc.

I wish to know if water can be broken down into hydrogen and oxygen using resonance. If so what frequency does this happen at and at what voltage?

Cheers,

Matt

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are skirting the edges here. One of the mods is hardcore against overunity, which I agree with. The question keeps coming up, there is no practical resonance that I know of, the subject has come up several times. The resonance point of water is in the terrahertz range and it still doesn't do what you want. Do a search in the off topic forum if you want, that is where all the overunity threads wind up, and they also get locked.

You might want to do some research in the literature out there. Several experiments with organic PN junctions and sunlight have yielded some positive results. I am a fan of the site of Physorg.com, which has reviewed some of the experiments of this sort.

I have used commercial hydrogen generators for hydrogen gold wire bonders. They used potassium hydroxide and electrolysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.