HV Valve Bench power supply

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I have been given a link to the following site

http://www.homemade-circuits.com/2011/12/variable-0-to-300-volts-regulated-power.html?m=1

which has a regulator circuit for 0 - 300 VDC. Circuit is shown below. i am not clear on exactly how this circuit works and if it is any good.

i believe the 50 v zener is to protect the base of BF337 from over voltage
the 24v Zener is to protect the base of BF458

All the supply current and voltage is controlled by BF458 and the output voltage is controlled by the 1M ohm resistor. If the output voltage was to rise the resistor network will see this being across the output supply and so the voltage divider to the MOSFET gate will increase. This will then adjust the voltage through the MOSFET and cause the BF337 to conduct more which will then cause BF458 to adjust the output voltage to the original set voltage.

Have i got this correct and will this work
View attachment 94704
One of the magazines published a project for a HV PSU - it might have been Elektor.

The PCB service offered a board with alternative mounting holes so there was a choice to build it valve or solid state.

The FET type was unusual in being depletion mode so it behaved pretty much like a triode, it was most likely a MOSFET but I can't remember for certain.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Explanation impossibility quick and precise adjustment of the output voltage of the first circuit.
Kodensator 1 uF and 1 Meg resistors do not allow it to do.
That regulator does not have the drawbacks:

StabHV5.png