HV-eman12

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by loosewire, Apr 27, 2008.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    on utube there is video clip that shows a high voltage lift that works very
    good .You can see all the parts close up and like you say( Bill) it lift's
    30 feet and is very dangerous. check it out you will be impressed.

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    No link? :(

3. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Without a link it sounds like I'm supposed to boost up someones google/youtube hit count without you being called a spammer.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Opps.

Want to try again?

5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Please do not name members directly in thread titles - if you want to alert a member to a thread you have started please use the PM system to draw their attention to it. Thank you.

Dave

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Actually I've seen quite a few. What I would like to see is a light weight HV circuit, which is probably an oxymoron, that could be lifted by a bank of lifters. A self contained flying machine in other words.

There is a lot of voodoo associated with these gadgets. There is no doubt they work, but people keep insisting they are a form of anti gravity, which is a load of BS. My believe is they are ionic thrust, which would be easy to test. Put one in a bell jar and pump the air out, it would also probably create some nifty pyrotechnics besides in a low pressure atmosphere.

7. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    I share your belief in this explanation. As a matter of fact, I saw a recent episode of the TV Show "Mythbusters" where they performed the experiment you describe. There was no movement of the light weight structure.

hgmjr

8. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Bill,
    You ain't just a-kiddin' about those pyrotechics. :eek: Airborne radars have to have the entire high voltage and waveguide sections pressurized, or severe arcing will result at altitude.

If you put a HV supply in a bell jar and pumped the air out like you suggest, it would arc itself to death unless everything was insulated.

9. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Members that would like to veiw the H-V lift can do so by going to
    utube. Search(8-CAPACITOR WASHER LAUNCHER) you can select the replay icon as many times as you wish.You will hear the curcuit described
    while the procedure is repeated.You can see the parts close up to I.D.
    most of the electronic curcuit. You can see a very large metal washer lifted 30 feet.