Human memory

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There are people that can remember every detail of their life. Even what the temperature was on a given date and what they had to eat the day. It is kind of freaky but I thing it shows what the mind is capable of storing. It is just the recall that is an issue with average people.

I heard it said that, it is OK to forget where your keys are but if you start forgetting what your keys are for, that is time to start to worry. :)
This is not meant to be funny but it kind of is. My friends elderly mother had to be put in a home. I asked how he knew it was time. He responded that he knew it was time when his mom was trying to open a can of cat food with the ice maker on the fridge. I know its sad and funny at the same time. Unfortunetlly she died 3 days after being put in the care facility because of medication non compliance. Her Dr's were prescribing all this crap and she was taking some and not others. So when they came to get her, they asked for her scripts and there were 50+ bottles that were unlabeled and mixed. I was called in to sort and list all her meds. We went thru the house and were still finding stashes of pills 4 months after she died. I opened the tylenol pm bottle and half tylenol half morphine. It was just crazy sad no one was monitoring her and tracking all this stuff. It was rediculous we could have opened a pharmacy after everything was cleaned out.