Huh

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by t06afre, Dec 28, 2012.

1. t06afre

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=78811
    Huh In this thread I made a comment about Powell as he was mentioned. It was about Colin Powel and his speech to the UN. After that speech. Satirist gave birth to the word Powelpoint. And someone made a joke cartoon which was well known at that time. I posted that cartoon. And later found that my thread was deleted. I would appreciate that the moderators could difference between satire and politics. Which are two different things. As an example this is satire and not politics.
    [​IMG]
    And so is the Powelpoint cartoon that I posted. As Charlie Brown would have said it. Good grief!
    [​IMG]

maxpower097 likes this.
  2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    No matter how you look at it, this is politics.

But the only thing that matters is what the mods think. No freedom of speech here.

3. t06afre

May 11, 2009
    Freedom of speech is not the same. As the privilege to say anything in a forum like this. A forum like this is much more comparable to a newspaper. Here the chief editor decide what goes into the paper or not. You can not go to a newspaper and demand them to print your opinion. Referring to freedom of speech. And the same goes for this forum. But sometimes I think the mods here are to black and white. Probably in the best interest of the forum. But they lack the ability to see shade as for example Beenthere could.

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I may be able to laugh with a good picture edit. But who will come after that and split you apart when you are at each other's throats about which political leader is the one who ruined your country?

Okay, let's do the experiment. I 'll leave it up this time and count the posts until a member asks for it to be closed because things will have gone too far.

5. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Since T06,is not a citizen of the U.S. he should have more freedom to speak out'

Look at "Saturday Nite LIve" they speak there minds every week. I see a cartoon

as humor first.

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Unfortunately, this forum is owned by a person, not a government. Freedom of speech here is at the good will of the owner, enforced by the moderators.

Yes, political satire is political. Political topics are closed quickly, as they should be. This one needs the same treatment.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Brownout likes this.
  7. t06afre

May 11, 2009
    But that IS exactly what I said. :confused:

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    I miss the iraqi information ministry guy. I'm sure lots of spoofs and parodies about him.

9. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005