Hub motor controller

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
What is? An IR2210 is £1.57 from Mouser, £1.84 from Digikey.
no the module max is suggesting.

alec, would the ir2110 allow the pwm control from the pic16? I want to have a feedback speed sensor to check the speed of the robot and adjust the speed of the motor accordingly using a pwm from the microcontroller

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Most pic's have a CCP module in them, You can use the CCP capture input to sense a slot opto sensor,
The Links I gave you not only show schematics but also have source code, if you look at the Mechatronics link, Project #5 & #9 show PWM control and use a slot opto as a speed sensor.
The source is downloadable from the Picmicro site.
Your Pic micro manual shows some typical applications of the CCP modules.
They show an alternative to a high side driver such as IR2110 by using P & N mosfets, but they can be substituted by the IR2110 in order to use all N ch mosfets.
Max.

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys, this is what I got to after some research. Since I have 2 motors I use 2 H-bridge circuits using IR2110.
I connected Hin1 to Lin2 and Lin1 to Hin2 in both H-bridges.
Also I connected the PWM to both connections through a booster (SN74LVCT45) which takes the 3.3v of the PIC16 to 5V so the IR2110 would have a clear reading of what is HIGH and what is LOW.
Then I connected the output of the converter (Through BJTs) to the inputs of the IR2110.
Last, I flipped the motor connectors of the lower motor so both motor would be running the robot in the same direction (actually one motor is turning clockwise and the other counter clockwise) because they are sitting opposite from each other.
If I need the robot to turn I can only change the HIGH for one motor and the robot would turn.

What do you think? Will it work with the BJTs and booster?

Attachments