HP LASERJET P1005 for PCB transfer method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I found a source for a great price on a HP LASERJET P1005 on Ebay. Brand new sealed in box for $78.88 with free shipping.

Any reason why these could not be used for the toner transfer method for making PCBs.

Has anyone used one of these little printers for that purpose?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
None that I know of. I have heard different printers give different results, so I would keep on checking. Maybe you could get a sample printout and try it out?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect you'll be happy with it. These old business models are fairly easy to repair, if you can get parts, and generally that isn't too hard either. With a little research you'll be able to find/download a manual (usually from people who sell parts) in PDF format.

I have bought perfectly good laser printers for $10 from flea markets. They aren't sexy so no one wants them except geeks like me and thee. The cartridges are more expensive to replace, but they have a much longer shelf life, and make many more copies, so you'll be able to use it for a regular printer as well.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
They can't be nearly as expensive as those blasted ink jet cartridges! That ink has to be the most expensive substance on earth!!!!

I got a pretty good deal I think (assuming it works). It has a cartridge that is only 6 weeks old and it sounds like he didn't use it much.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Have you read this, it covers the details pretty well...

http://www.fullnet.com/~tomg/gooteepc.htm

It is worth the read. He mentions that not all toners (as opposed to the printers) are created equal. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, but it is information worth knowing.

Tom Gootee did not invent it, but he was one of the first to publish a comprehensive how to. He's been on this site several times.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Have you read this, it covers the details pretty well...

http://www.fullnet.com/~tomg/gooteepc.htm

It is worth the read. He mentions that not all toners (as opposed to the printers) are created equal. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, but it is information worth knowing.

Tom Gootee did not invent it, but he was one of the first to publish a comprehensive how to. He's been on this site several times.
Thanks for the tip. I will read it. Hopefully I have one of the "good" toners. :).

Hello
I am new to this site, but I want share my experience on this site. Actually, I got the problem with HP Laserjet P1005 in that The problem I am unable to print properly I asked the one technique he suggested me once re-install the driver. I did what he said. Now my printer is working very good. If you have any problem with your printer better re-install and check your printer it may work better...

Guide To Downloads and Install
  • Go through the download manually before downloading to update you on available HP Laserjet p1005 printer drivers
  • Click Free Download for the operating system you are using
  • Once the download is complete, install this software
Catrina Honey

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

Congratulations, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.