Hp G56-129wm Battery ??

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by Dr.killjoy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Over the weekend I picked up a cheap Hp-G56-129wm .. Well it works pretty good and will work good what I am going use it for ..Also it will keep me off my wife's computer and she can now leave me alone..
    But the battery is bad and I am trying to find a good company to purchase a battery upgrade in order to keep me moble.. Oh this us my Christmas gift to my self..

Thanks
    Jay Sr

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I dunno about a company but AliExpress is OK to get batteries so far

3. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    I've used Amazon for phone and laptop replacements. Get one that's reviewed OK and it should be fine. The link has your model number.

4. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks for the help..

I opened the battery pack up and all the cells measured 3.9v with no load.. I loaded the cells a couple times and plugged the pack into the computer and it reads low percentage charge but when pulled out it still read 3.9v .. I am not sure whats going on..

5. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Ok Update time for Christmas...

I kept playing with the batteries and the computer would tell me the batteries are dead but upon testing they where acting fine with ok voltage and would recovery from a high current load .. I also ran a software program and it told me the cell where fine but just not charging... I am not sure who right or wrong but the cells prove they are holding a charge and when computer reads dead batteries the cells are at 3.9vdc.. My buddy said the control board might be bad or the computer is miscalculated So I have a new keyboard coming with the original but used HP charger and a used battery.. I also picked up a used Intel Pentium Dual core T4500 chip to upgrade from Intel Celeron 900 2.2ghz.
    The reason I choose the chip was cause my MB came with this chip from the factory so this means no bios issues cause of unsupported chip.. I was going to go higher but not sure if the chip would work with the bios and I got the chip for $6 bucks shipped and the other chips where triple the price with marginal gain...

Thanks
    Jay Sr

6. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hey mind telling me the software used to check the cells in the battery

7. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    I forget but I can find out if you want.. Also may I ask why ??

8. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    My Laptop is not charging properly. I replaced a bad cells. Worked for a few hours and now giving me issues. I need to check the battery for worn out cells