How's the weather?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Just heard from the recruiter, and Ft Lauderdale remains a possibility. But there is other news, Orlando is starting to heat up again too. I was there for most of '13, and I'd love to go back.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Just heard from the recruiter, and Ft Lauderdale remains a possibility. But there is other news, Orlando is starting to heat up again too. I was there for most of '13, and I'd love to go back.
Actually, the Heat is in Miami, and they are cooling down. :oops:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
image.jpg Got to my car to go to work this morning and it was 8°F/-13°C. This graphic was on the local news weather report this morning. (For my friends in other parts of the world, "wicked" is Boston slang for "extreme" or "extremely")

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Real Men don't let the weather get in their way. I'm not talking about quiche eaters here. I am talking the kind of men who defoliate an entire forest to build a fire to cook breakfast and then wipe out an endangered species to have their evening meal. Real men sure as heck do not let a few snow flurries get in their way.

Real Men 1.png

Moving right along...

Real Men 2.png

Snow be darned! Time to eat!

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's raining today.
Can't go outside to play. :(

Just barely warm enough to work outside, but the rain would make me way too cold.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Where is the rest of the statement? What exactly was he talking about? I understand that in parts of England, show is becoming a rare event. Was this what he was referring to?
Please do some of your own research, thank you.

Wikipedia:

The winter of 2008/09 produced the heaviest snowfall since 1991, and the winter of 2009-10 was even more severe, with many parts of the United Kingdom experiencing the coldest and snowiest winters since 1978/79;

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Please do some of your own research, thank you.

Wikipedia:
You forgot this part:

Snow in the UK falls almost every year but in small quantities
And occasional heavy snowfall is not inconsistent with the quote, out of context as it was:

within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".
Of course, who knows how much of that snow fell in East Anglia?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
AGW as a theory is dead. Every computer model -- upon which the theory has been based -- has now been proven wrong. The historical data has been shown to have been falsified.

All that remain are the true believers who take AGW on faith, and those with a vested interest in promulgating a fraud.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
AWG is based on science, not faith. Denialist bloggers wish it was dead, but they are wrong. Personally, I've chased too many crack-pot theories about fraud and data falsification only to find the denier theories theirselves are false and unsubstantiated.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I was afraid that "how's the weather" would evolve into this. Ironically, the weather used to be one of the few things that people could chat about with little fear of controversy.

But, with no new posts in a couple of hours, maybe there is an agreement to disagree. Here's hoping.