How to use Holtek 12E/D .............??

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
We can start with the transmitter side. Post a schematic of your IR transmitter circuit and I can then tell you which pins ton your IR transmitter circuit to connect to which of the three pin connector on the HT12E encoder circuit shown in the link in post #18.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
My request was for a schematic of your IR transmitter circuit showing your IR emitter and its part number and its driver. When I see your circuit for the IR emitter and its driver then I can instruct you on how to connect it to the HT12E device.

hgmjr

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi again,
Please you give me the right schematic, i have copied it from its 12E data sheet.
, and the IR led has no part no. on it.!!

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi again,

I have buy RX & TX in my local market.

I am sorry to ask so many question!!

Let start with beginning, i am making this wireless switch for my robotic car in this there will be 4 gear motor operated by this holtek decoder (right,left, forward, reverse...)

i have assembled the circuit in my breadboard, it seem to not working i have taken 5V power supply , the encoder osc. have 950Kohms(=1Mohms) variable resistance & in decoder it is of 50Kohms variable resistance.........

In encoder & decoder all add. pins are left open and the transmission enable is set to low active the data pins one of them is kept low directly to GND ( no Diode Used), & Dout is given to TX

in decoder part the Valid transmission is set to High active with V cc directly....
and all add. are left open the Data pins are connected to led's ....

Now i want to know first how to check whether the RX & tx is working without HT 12e/d............

Thanks..!!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Testing the transmitter module and receiver module as a standalone pair (without the HT12E or HT12D) should be a matter of powering them and feeding a squarewave signal into the data input on the transmitter and monitoring the data output of the receiver. This would be a good opportunity to also check the range.

hgmjr

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
OK, after using 2 LED from GND & Vcc to dta output there are no changes i have seen both led were glowing....on touching the tX data pin to GND & Vcc there are no changes...!!

Note: i have not used resistance in sereies with the led's...

Now i am using a npn switching transistor, when there is no data i.e. the Tx is open the Rx data out blink(on/off) when i touch the data in of Tx to gnd & vcc the output of Rx is contiously glowing.........

Now pls help..

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello guys & gals,

Now my holtek 12E/D with 433Mhz Tx & Rx are working..........
it was sily mistake in assembling it..........

Thanks for the help..