how to use dsp concept in voice recognition

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
I want to make robot that operate according to my voice I know I need to matlab code for voice recognition I want to ask which basic things should I know before to start I think i should've knowledge about digital signal processing but don't know which topic should have read I have read little theory about DSP which topic is used for voice recognition how to use to make code so please suggest me how to start

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
I know its not easy but if possible then I would like to do and i want to research on it if do you know about it please suggest some basic what i need to know before to start

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Examine Dragon Naturally Speaking. That software in is its 12th version and sells for $600. It seems to me that this program has been in development for about 15 to 20 years. If you're good at this, you can probably come up with something that recognizes four or five words in a month.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It seems there is a certain percentage of people that see something that has had millions of dollars spent on decades of research and development and think, "I can do that this week".:D

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
I think it's a worthy goal that Vead has, definitely something the world could use. Even though this has been worked on for many years, it may be that the related technology has advanced enough so that NOW is the right time for everything to come together, it just needs some forward thinking young engineer to make it happen.

It reminds me of when it was early in my career, I too wanted to build a robot that responded to voice commands. Also wanted to mount a high powered laser on the head so it could defend itself. Then I wanted to create vast numbers of them, and have them march across the terrain with big iron boots so they could crush what ever was in their way. When I told people about my plans, most were supportive, but there was that one guy who kept saying "the devil is in the details". Then I started high school and somehow got side tracked with other things.

Last edited: