How to use a regular scope in place of the "PC Scope"

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by rlinnabaryjr1, Apr 28, 2014.

1. rlinnabaryjr1

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Hello,

I have a silly question that I would hope someone could answer for me, how do you hook up a regular scope to the keyboard instead of a PC? It don't look to me like you can do much with the PC version hooked up...

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    You're going to have to describe a lot more than that. My scope doesn't connect to a keyboard in any reasonable way.:confused:

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    To the OP, think make / model of oscope. My scope is pure analog, no interfaces at all. That is what I think of as a oscope is.

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Some scope allow being remote controlled from a computer and also data transfer. But hooked up just to a keyboard. Never seen that

5. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    Be careful when you hook the scope up that the computer's ground is either floating or true ground. If the power cord has a third prong check the continuity between that and the circuit ground. I once assumed a TV chassis was ground and hooked my oscilloscope ground, which was true ground, to it and shorted it out. I've been careful ever since.