how to turn the switch from low voltage

nomurphy

Joined Aug 8, 2005
Close to GND isn't the problem. LMV331 inputs can go 0.1V below GND, but it will only work when the inputs are more than 0.8V below the positive rail.
Ron H -- you missed my point. I admitted to not checking his component, and in quickly looking over the design I ASSumed it was an opamp and a switch.

The problem is, when people come up with designs that are so far from being technically correct or operational, it is hard to provide "good" advise without spending a lot of time looking into design parameters to redesign and redraw most of the circuit. Therefore, I sometimes just add a note or two to try to get the person to move forward with what they have done (note I suggested looking into datasheet applications).

Studying datasheet applications for reference comparator circuits, and understanding the function, would help this person considerably; rather than just throwing him a fish. I can almost predict that the next question will be "what is hysteresis?"

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Ron H -- you missed my point. I admitted to not checking his component, and in quickly looking over the design I ASSumed it was an opamp and a switch.

The problem is, when people come up with designs that are so far from being technically correct or operational, it is hard to provide "good" advise without spending a lot of time looking into design parameters to redesign and redraw most of the circuit. Therefore, I sometimes just add a note or two to try to get the person to move forward with what they have done (note I suggested looking into datasheet applications).

Studying datasheet applications for reference comparator circuits, and understanding the function, would help this person considerably; rather than just throwing him a fish. I can almost predict that the next question will be "what is hysteresis?"
I just thought that the reference to the inputs going close to GND was an unintentional red herring, so I wanted to make it clear that that was not an issue in this case.
When appropriate, I resort to "Google is your friend", which has pissed off at least one guy.:D
Nevertheless, if he asks about hysteresis, that will be my response.

mohsen

Joined Oct 24, 2008
lol, i got it i'm not going to ask what is hysteresis! thanks for the help, i did read the datasheet and got it, ^_^ thanks all for the help

mohsen

Joined Oct 24, 2008
You will eventually! ;)

Ken
lol, come on! i just want to let u know that i got it.
also i realized that, i could done this thing using Arduino microcontroller. with less mess, because i will have several sensors and a screen. after all it's good to have the knowledge.

Attachments

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
lol, come on! i just want to let u know that i got it.
also i realized that, i could done this thing using Arduino microcontroller. with less mess, because i will have several sensors and a screen. after all it's good to have the knowledge.
You have negative feedback. Hysteresis requires positive feedback.