How to transmit data wirelesly from automatic weather station to Computer?

qaisershah

Joined Nov 21, 2014
Hi! friends...
We have an Automatic weather station installed at Office, i can get instant data of that by attaching RS232 cable to Automatic weather station and my laptop, i run GICO named software for that.
now our Director needs that instant data in his computer which is about 200-230 meter away from Automatic Weather station...
how can i Transmit that data to him?
i am not expert in communication and either in electronics as well.

john hauton

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Hi, I'm pretty sure there will be modules that will transmit rs232 signals wirelessly. I have modules that convert rs232 signals and transmit them via Bluetooth. If the distance is too un-reliable wirelessly, there are rs232 to Ethernet converters that will allow cable runs of that distance.
regards john

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
What you need is a radio modem. About 15 yrs. ago I bought them from several venders. At that time they were about the size of a pack of smokes. A 12 v pwr conn, ant conn, and rs-232 conn. They were low pwr. You could get them at 150, 450, and 900 mhz.

Either band for your distance would be easy with line of site, small ant. They were about 100 bucks a unit. They have a repeater function and I have strung them for many miles.

Course now I’m sure they are smaller, cheaper and “networked”.

Google search radio modem or data modem.