How to test this !!

spark8217

Joined Aug 29, 2011
Hi
guys
Never tested one of these 5Q1265RF Power switches by fairchild could anybody please give instructions on how to test? i would presume the test would be as a transistor for pins 1,2,3 but what about pin 4 and 5 , i have attached the data sheet and the pins are labelled as follows
1-Drain
2-gnd
3- vcc
4-feedback
5-sync

my own presumption would be i would have to build a simple circuit to test pins 4 & 5 or am i completely wrong ?
cheers for any help

spark 8217

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Depending upon what you want to test if for, I believe for a total test you would need to build a complete test circuit that includes all the components needed for a typical operating circuit. This app note may help with that.

spark8217

Joined Aug 29, 2011
thanks for the reply ,yeah i thought so my self ! my problem is i removed it out of a surround sound and it was one of the parts that had signs of failure so need to check it , can you do basic checks on this component with regards to drain , ground ,vcc
similar to a transistor , fet etc ? thanks for the help never tested one of these before .

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
thanks for the reply ,yeah i thought so my self ! my problem is i removed it out of a surround sound and it was one of the parts that had signs of failure so need to check it , can you do basic checks on this component with regards to drain , ground ,vcc
similar to a transistor , fet etc ? thanks for the help never tested one of these before .
Look at the schematic of the IC in the datasheet, and you will see that you do not have access to the gate of the MOSFET.:(