How to stop timer

Ben Southby

Joined Jun 9, 2015
Hi I have just bought a digital door viewer but I am disappointed because the feed is not always on you press the power button the display comes on for 10 seconds and then it goes off. This is how it is designed and the instructions has no info of having it constantly on. I have attached some photos of the main board hoping someone can point out what is controlling the time. And how to modify it to be constantly on of off with the switch

Thank you

Attachments

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Um...
Those pics are megabyte or more. I am not even going to bother to look.
Is my guess correct that those are shitty cell phone pics?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
That looks like some complex embedded controller that you don't have the source code for. Changing that is a huge project that may come to naught anyway.

I'd try something simple first: if you press and hold the power button the display comes for longer than 10 seconds will the display stay on for you? If so you could replace it with a push on/push off button, or a toggle switch.

Either way you have to remember to turn the thing off when you're done.

Ben Southby

Joined Jun 9, 2015
That looks like some complex embedded controller that you don't have the source code for. Changing that is a huge project that may come to naught anyway.

I'd try something simple first: if you press and hold the power button the display comes for longer than 10 seconds will the display stay on for you? If so you could replace it with a push on/push off button, or a toggle switch.

Either way you have to remember to turn the thing off when you're done.
When holding the button down the image appears on the screen for ten seconds turns off but upon releasing the button the image appears again. Any ideas why this could happen? The board for the button just looks like a normal switch could it be more?

I was hoping it was going to be a simple button change. Should of bought a cheap made in china one would of been easier to modify lol

thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The board for the button just looks like a normal switch could it be more?
Nah, it's probably just a normal switch which bounces on and off when changing between not pressed and pressed. The guy who wrote the button sense code never considered what would happen if you held the switch down for an eternity, or just didn't care as all the switch had to do was start an interrupt on the pin change of state, and he never needed to go back and read what the pin was.

Now it does give me the idea if you make or buy just about any square wave oscillator and re-purpose the button to power that: thgen the osc drivews the former pin input. By constantly tickling it it turns it right back on every time it times out.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
What, you don't read gibberish?

Nah, it's probably just a normal switch which bounces on and off when changing between not pressed and pressed. The guy who wrote the button sense code never considered what would happen if you held the switch down for an eternity, or just didn't care as all the switch had to do was start an interrupt on the pin change of state, and he never needed to go back and read what the pin was.

Now it does give me the idea if you make or buy just about any square wave oscillator and re-purpose the button to power that: then the osc drives the former pin input. By constantly tickling it it turns it right back on every time it times out.