how to start with microprocessors

pawankumar

Joined Oct 28, 2009
hi friends,
I ve been attending a course on "microprocessors" since about 2 months and I donot get anything clear.8085,8086...all sounds bad to me.as soon as i start with any of its architecture,i fall asleep..i dont know how i am going to clear this semester.please help me out by guiding with how to start with it in a pretty interesting way.i ve searched for vedios, n books ..nothing seems english to me.please help me out..i wont thank you now ..but i will as soon as you help me out.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I also wanted to get into micros a few months back and hate school/classes... I started here http://www.arduino.cc/ and am very glad I did so just buy the main board or a starter kit and run through the tutorials.. Withing a few weeks (maybe only 10-15 hours of actual time) I was able to write code for a complete saltwater reef controller complete with LED light dimming, AC outlet control, LCD display, Temp measurements, float switch control, PH measurement,etc...

This guy writes a great book and includes a full starter pack with lots of fun experiments http://www.smileymicros.com/index.p..._op=view_page&PAGE_id=83&MMN_position=137:137

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
If you don't know "C" code, or if you don't want to know it, try the Picaxe system. If that's too simple, look at AVR's and Bascom.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
8085 very old but very easy to start with small architecture compared to 8086 as 8086 architecture is still used we called it x86 architecture like Intel P4 32 bit processor but its a very big architecture to learn,so if you have problems with both then, I will say start with some microcontroler like Atmel's AT series they have some 8051,52,53 architecture micontrollers which are too small architectures but have some common things with 8085 and 8086, it is good to get started with these.For 8051 and 8052 architecture you will get a lots of tutorial over internet just have a google search.

A link got by google search http://www.8052.com/

Good luck

pawankumar

Joined Oct 28, 2009
thank you friends..it is really nice that so many have replied.I am a bit strong in C..(only c perhaps!)and i ve started exploring with ATMEL atmega 16 which my dad has bought for me(just connect the power and copy paste the led glowing program).i saw that in this forum,each of you guys were passionate in electronics and programing and your queries were such extremely original that at most of the times i fail to understand your question .so i thought this was the right place to ask.thanks everyone personally
thank you

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
thank you friends..it is really nice that so many have replied.I am a bit strong in C..(only c perhaps!)and i ve started exploring with ATMEL atmega 16 which my dad has bought for me(just connect the power and copy paste the led glowing program).i saw that in this forum,each of you guys were passionate in electronics and programing and your queries were such extremely original that at most of the times i fail to understand your question .so i thought this was the right place to ask.thanks everyone personally
thank you
Since you have already cut your teeth on AVR and C then as has already been suggested, the Arduino Duemilanove is a very inexpensive C-language development platform based on the ATMEGA328. The Arduino development software is free at the Arduino home page.

hgmjr

AMIT_GOHEL

Joined Jul 13, 2010
Hello pawankumar,

Same situation of me before a year when my learning of 8085..
Really tuff days that where ..

But once you complete the first one ,you can easily understand others..

And one more thing for 8085 must use a book by ramesh gaunkar..

Regards..
Best of luck for first few steps in embedded industry...