How to start Quadocopter...??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi All,

I want to make a qQuadocopter for that i will like to work with one motor for testing purpose so, please suggest where to buy this BLDC motor from where, i am from India!
I buy from this site, please tell will it work fine with this cost cost?

Thanks.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
What is the maximum value of RPM can reach in any q-copter?
I think a quad-copter tilts and accellerates to make it spin around.
Do you mean "what is the max RPM of a rotor"?

My electric RC airplane with a brushless motor has a max RPM of about 8500 RPM.
The cheap quad-copter I posted used brushed motors and gears so the motors spin very fast.

Maybe you should talk about a quad-copter on a quad-copter chat site.
Look at http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-659/ .

EDIT:
The last few replies show a video of a multi-rotor electric helicopter carrying a guy.

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,
i have that motor as shown in my link!!
so, i have got motor A2212-13 1000KV and propeller of EP.1047.
both are not fitting on motor shaft please tell what to do??

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The brushless motor is probably an "outrunner" type where the entire outside of it spins with the magnets inside it. Then the propeller adapter bolts onto the front of it. The propeller screws onto the adapter.

What will you do with only one motor and propeller? The torque will spin your helecopter around and around. You need at least two propellers spinning in opposite directions to cancel the torque and allow the helicopter to turn when you want it to turn.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Actually i am using motor for testing purpose only after that i will buy more!!
so, it is interesting to know that, even 2 motor can fly copter that's cool!

The propeller screws onto the adapter.
Its not going to simple as it sound like, the hole in propeller is very small and the height is also more than of adapter. so, i have to fine a way.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Its not going to simple as it sound like, the hole in propeller is very small and the height is also more than of adapter. so, i have to fine a way.
Maybe they sent the wrong propeller or the wrong adapter.

It is interesting to know that, even 2 motor can fly copter that's cool!
Haven't you ever seen real and model helicopters?

Attachments

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Maybe they sent the wrong propeller or the wrong adapter.
I talk to them they said you need to drill and fit as suitable, thats all they reply..!!

Haven't you ever seen real and model helicopters?
If have seen this helicopter many times but i think it is not easy to attach both motor and propeller at same shaft!!

One more i was testing the BLDC motor with its drive the SCL to gnd and SDA to potential meter. the speed can't be changed but i have found that the propeller was working fine but not giving a good thrust, why??
I am using 11.4V adapter of 2Amps max.
http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=339

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
It sounds like your motor and propeller are spinning slowly.
My electric RC airplane has a brushless motor and it and its prop spin at a much higher speed. It has enough thrust to lift the entire airplane straight up at a fast speed.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Also probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of the area of the prop is in front of the board it's attached to. That is going to reduce the thrust by some hard to predict amount.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Also probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of the area of the prop is in front of the board it's attached to. That is going to reduce the thrust by some hard to predict amount.
so, how to increase the thrust ??, please tell all factor....!!
and how to measure this BLDC motor RPM?
why motor is talking 1.5A not more than it?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
why motor is talking 1.5A not more than it?
so, how to increase the thrust ??, please tell all factor....!!
[update] Today, i found that while testing the motor was consuming more current than before after that i added parallel connection of supply to have more Amps.
I found that motor was taking 3.8A the max supply current was also limited somewhere as 4Ams9 max discharging current 6A).
so, the propeller was giving a good thrust then before..!!
so, i am decided i will add other power suplly to have more Amps and then tell the result.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I have used them, actually i have 12V 2Amps (2C) li battery.
OK, so i will require to make the stability of plane for that which will require gyro or accelerometer.
i want to test it with PID loop.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
so, how to increase the thrust ??
I'd recommend using a thin strut to support the motor, preferably the same dimensions as you intend to use in the final model.
Also, if you want to do accurate tests, make sure that the motor isn't close above a surface. You want at least a propellor diameters worth of air directly under the motor, otherwise the ground effect affects the result.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_(aircraft)#Ground_effect_with_helicopters