How to start PIC16F676 ...??

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by RRITESH KAKKAR, Feb 17, 2012.

1. RRITESH KAKKAR

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi,

I want to start PIC16F676 with blinking LED projects on hardware with assembly lang.
    so, please post schematic and procedure to make this projects....
    i am using this cheap programmer
    Thanks

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Well I am sure you know how to use a LED by now ;) I am not sure I understand your question. Do you need help with how to connect the programmer to your chip? For the code work. Just download the free tool MPLAB from microchip. And then you are on the microchip site grab a copy of the datasheet. Then working with PICs, it is very important to read the datasheet. You do not need to read the datasheet from start to end. But read selected parts.

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  3. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi, yes i need help how to make board of PIC and please provide any ass lang compiler link..
    will OSHON PIC will work for that??

4. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    ass?????????????????

May be one day we will have something like that....but for now its just PIC assembler and remember one thing assembler and compiler are two different things...

As already t06afre has said download the MPLAB form microchip's website and that comes with MPASM (a PIC assembler).

www.microchip.com

Good Luck

5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I've used (meaning I bought) a Basic compiler from OSHON years ago. It worked well but I have better tools now. For example, Hi-Tech C is a free download from Microchip.

6. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi again,

I want to know the difference in both of these instruction ??