How to start a Arduino project -- New to electronics

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Sameer Sachdeva, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Sameer Sachdeva

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Hi All, It has been almost 15+ years that I touched electronics books for my engineering studies. I know some of the basics but not all and I am from IT Programming background.

I want to develop something related to Arduino and move to advance projects. Can someone suggest on how to start and also, where to get components required online? I am based out of Delhi, India.

2. JohnCase

Aug 19, 2015
    Try the complete approach to Arduino: Arduino: Cookbook -> Margolis, Michael - B00GOH8OFG

After that, you can approach AVR programming without arduino.

About components buying in India, don't know. I thing the bigger supplies store sell also there, like: Mouser, DigiKey,TME, Element14 and so on...

Cheers

3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Buying parts internationlly, shipping can be a large part of the overall price. You might find that Futurlec and Electronic Source in Thailand have an advantage in shipping cost.

www.futurlec.com

www.es.co.th

Qazi Muhammad Munir likes this.
  4. andre_teprom

Jan 17, 2016
    There are available to sell on most websites a lot of development kits including big set of peripherals ( often 10+ shields ) being therefore a nice platform to get introduced in many of its functionalities.

5. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Arduino website has beginner guide and examples of simple circuits.