How to skillfully program to achieve a project

Thunvan

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Dear All,
I have read some C/C++ programming book,and according to examples of these book to practise. Now, I can code a small program by imitating these examples,but isn't able to design a program to achieve my ideas(to solve some actual problems). SO,what can I do next to able to code a program that is my design,how to skillfully program to achieve a project.Could you share your experience to make me a great progress in programming field.
Forgive my developing english. Thank you very much!!!

mbabayan

Joined Jul 12, 2010
What was the book?

One of the most effective ways to master a language (and programming in general) is to establish a problem that stretches your skills and solve it.
What exactly are you struggling with?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Design your program on a flow-chart.
Make a plan.

Program according to the flow-chart.
Stick to the plan.

When you face new ideas, and think:"Hm, I like to implement this and that, and hey, that would be a cool feature." Write it on a piece of paper. During the programming the list will grow.

This list is ver 2.0 of your program. :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Split your project up in small parts (modules) that can be solved independently. Do not try to solve all problems at once.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Split your project up in small parts (modules) that can be solved independently. Do not try to solve all problems at once.
and, after time, you will build a 'library' of these many modules. Review code from other sources for thier usefullness, keeping an eye out for techniques that can improve your style.